Maria Luiza Ribeiro Viotti
Maria Luiza Ribeiro Viotti
|Ambassador of Brazil to Germany|
16 January 2013
|Permanent Representative of Brazil to the United Nations|
25 July 2007 – 16 January 2013
|Preceded by||Ronaldo Mota Sardenberg|
|Succeeded by||Luiz Alberto Figueiredo|
|President of the United Nations Security Council|
1 February 2011 – 28 February 2011
|Preceded by||Ivan Barbalić|
|Succeeded by||Li Baodong|
March 27, 1954 |
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Maria Luiza Ribeiro Viotti (born on Belo Horizonte, Brazil) is the Ambassador of Brazil to Germany. Viotti took office on 16 January 2013. Viotti was the Permanent Representative of Brazil to the United Nations from 2007 until 2013, and President of the United Nations Security Council for the month of February 2011. She is married to Eduardo Baumgratz Viotti and has a son.March 27, 1954 in
Viotti has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Brasilia, which she received in 1979. She has a post-graduate degree in the same subject, which she completed in 1981, from the same university. She attended the Rio Branco Institute, the Brazilian diplomatic academy.
- Director-General of the Department of International Organizations;
- Director-General of the Department of Human Rights and Social Affairs;
- Secretary-General of the South America Division;
- Executive Coordinator in the cabinet of the Minister of External Relations.
From 1985 to 1989, Viotti served as a First Secretary at the Brazilian Mission to the United Nations.
In 1999, Viotti returned to the Brazilian Mission to the United Nations as a Minister-Counselor. She was the Vice-Chairperson of the Preparatory Committee for the Johannesburg World Summit on Sustainable Development and led Brazil's delegation to the negotiations in preparation for the International Conference on Financing for Development. Viotti was also a member of the Economic and Social Council’s Ad Hoc Group on Guinea-Bissau.
In 2005, she assumed the post of Chargé d'affaires of Brazil to the United Nations. Viotti was appointed Permanent Representative of Brazil to the United Nations by President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva on 5 January 2007. Viotti presented her credentials to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on 25 July 2007. Viotti was the President of the United Nations Security Council for the month of February 2011, when Brazil held the rotating presidency of the Council. Viotti was succeeded by Luiz Alberto Figueiredo on 16 January 2013.
- New Permanent Representative of Brazil presents credentials - Biographical Note United Nations. Retrieved on 2011-02-23.
- Assunto: Indicação de autoridade Senate of Brazil. Retrieved on 2009-06-29. (Portuguese)
- New Permanent Representative of Brazil Presents Credentials United Nations. Retrieved on 2009-06-29.
- Security Council Press Statement on Democratic Republic of Congo United Nations Security Council. Retrieved on 2011-02-01.
- 'Maria Luiza Viotti é a nova embaixadora do Brasil na Alemanha' Valor. Retrieved on 2013-08-27. (Portuguese).