Maria Ozawa in 2007
|Born||January 8, 1986|
|Other names||Miyabi (みやび)|
|Height||1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)|
Maria Ozawa (Japanese: 小澤 マリア, Hepburn: Ozawa Maria, born January 8, 1986) is a Japanese model and a former pornographic film actress of Canadian and Japanese ancestry. Early in her career as a model, she also used the name Miyabi (Japanese: みやび).
1986–2002: Early life
Ozawa was born in Hokkaido, Japan. Her father is French Canadian and her mother is Japanese. Ozawa graduated from the Christian Academy in Japan, and has asserted that she has a higher ability to read and write English than Japanese. Ozawa played ice hockey daily, and often sang karaoke after classes. She has revealed that she became sexually active at the age of 13.
In 2002, when she was 16, Ozawa debuted in a 30-second Japanese TV commercial for DARS Chocolate alongside the Japanese pop duo KinKi Kids. Ozawa is featured sharing chocolate with one of the two singers while secretly holding hands with the other.
2005–2007: Career beginnings
Ozawa discovered adult videos (AV) by watching sex tapes she borrowed from a friend's brother. Unlike most AV actresses, Ozawa was not scouted. She was introduced to the industry by a friend who appeared in AVs. She began by modeling in June 2005 under the name Miyabi for the pornographic site Shirouto-Teien.com, which resulted in several sets of photographs and a short hardcore gonzo which was video released in CD-R and DVD-R formats.
She was then signed by S1 No. 1 Style, an AV studio that produces hardcore pornography. On October 7, 2005, she premiered as Maria Ozawa with the video New Face – Number One Style (新人xギリモザ ナンバーワンスタイル), directed by Hideto Aki. Ozawa remembers that she was so nervous during the filming of her first AV that she could not look at her co-star in the face. At S1, Ozawa subsequently appeared in one original video per month until February 2007. She was involved in several S1 compilation videos including the company's entry in the 2006 AV Open, a competition between Japanese AV studios for the best selling video. The S1 video Hyper – Barely There Mosaic (ハイパーギリギリモザイク), featuring Ozawa along with other AV idols Sora Aoi, Yua Aida, Yuma Asami, and Honoka (plus a short preview for Rin Aoki), won first place.
In early 2007, Ozawa, along with Rin Suzuka, Reina Matsushima and Rin Aoki, left S1 with its emphasis on glamour to a new start-up company, DAS, which featured graphic scenes of creampie and simulated rape. On April 25, 2007, DAS released their first videos, with Ozawa starring in (Beautiful Eurasian News Anchor Maria Ozawa Desiring Nakadashi Rape). By the end of 2007, she signed (not exclusively) with Attackers (アタッカーズ), an established AV studio that specializes in thematic rape pornography.
Ozawa has also appeared in V-Cinema films, a photobook, and several glamour ("gravure") videos. In 2007, she played the character Anita (ｱﾆｰﾀ) on a popular Japanese TV drama, Tokumei Kakarichō Tadano Hitoshi (特命係長・只野仁) on TV Asahi. She also was on a 2007 episode of the Japanese variety show Megami no hatena ("The Goddess of What Is That") on Nihon TV as part of a series with AV actresses telling why they went into AV work. She has also appeared on Japanese MTV with the hip hop artist Seamo and in the 2007 music video "Summer Time in the D.S.C." with the Yokohama hip hop group DS455.
Ozawa could be seen in 2007 performing twice at the Shinjuku striptease bar "Shinjuku New Art". She took dance lessons to prepare but was still very nervous. She danced in a variety of outfits, including appearing as a belly-dancer, a geisha and a cowgirl. Three videos were released of her performance and a behind-the-scenes interview.
2008–2009: Rise to prominence
In June 2008, Ozawa changed studios once again, signing with a small studio, Ran-maru which released her first video with them on July 19, 2008. Ran-maru, along with Ozawa's previous studios, S1, DAS and Attackers, are all part of Japan's largest group of AV companies, the Hokuto Corporation.
In August 2008, Ozawa acted in her first mainstream movie, Invitation Only, billed as "Taiwan's First-Ever Slasher Horror". The film is produced by Three Dots Entertainment in Taipei, Taiwan and co-stars Julianne Chu. Ozawa plays a supermodel. She spoke both English and Japanese. Ozawa's professionalism impressed her co-workers and her role was expanded to include further scenes. Ozawa also did a photoshoot for the Taiwanese version of FHM in May 2009.
Ozawa followed up on her Shinjuku experience by starring in a cabaret show, "Tokyo Nights" at the Grand Lisboa Hotel in Macau from August 16 to September 6, 2008 which also featured several other Japanese performers. "Tokyo Nights" received mixed reviews. Promotional materials show her with a temporary tattoo.
XVN advertised in September 2008 about Maria Ozawa appearing in her first "uncensored" movies, which do not have the mosaic pixelation used to obscure the genitals in standard Japanese porn. Four uncensored 45-minute videos of Ozawa and a single male actor were released online at XVN in September 2008. The material from the first two videos was edited for a 90-minute DVD, Tora-Tora Platinum Vol. 49 Maria Ozawa (October 1, 2008), and the second two videos were combined as Tora-Tora Platinum Vol. 52 Maria Ozawa (November 17, 2008). Unused clips were combined and published under Tora-Tora Platinum Vol. 55 Maria Ozawa (November 23, 2008). However, it is later revealed that two little known fantasy themed uncensored titles predates the XVN clips. The first (now out of print) is titled If Maria Ozawa Is a Bubble Princess (December 15, 2006). The second is a parody of the anime/manga Death Note titled Meath Note (December 15, 2006).
According to a September 2009 news report, production house Maxima Pictures was "pulling the necessary strings" to have Ozawa appear in an Indonesian comedy film titled Menculik Miyabi ("Kidnapping Miyabi"), which was planned for release at the end of 2009. Although advertisements in the Indonesian language calling Ozawa's Muslim fans to piety and featuring Ozawa in jilbāb (Indonesian hijab) were issued on occasions of Ramadan and Eid ul-Fitr, the Indonesian Ulema Council condemned the efforts for the film. A protest was held and the film's producer canceled Ozawa's planned trip to Indonesia for the filming. The movie's plot had to be altered and Ozawa's scenes were all filmed in Tokyo. Menculik Miyabi was eventually released in Indonesia in May 2010.
In November 2009, articles in Weekly Playboy and The Tokyo Reporter reported that Ozawa was registered with the delivery health club Tiger's Hole (虎の穴, Tora no Ana) in Shibuya ward. They also cited the possibility that her photograph and profile at the club's site was "set up simply for publicity".
For the 2009 AV GrandPrix, three studios—DAS, Moodyz, and M's Video Group—all selected videos starring Ozawa as their entries in the contest. The DAS compilation The Queen of DAS won the Best Violence Video Award and the M's Video Group entry Oral Venus took one of the Special Awards in the Featured Actress Video category. In January 2009, Ozawa returned to DAS to film Shemale Orgy Gangbang Rape (集団ニューハーフ輪姦乱交レイプ小澤マリア) with three transsexual actresses and in March 2009 entered the Japanese porn genre of tentacle rape with the video Monster Swallowing Ecstasy Maria Ozawa (触獣丸呑みアクメ 小澤マリア) for SOD. Her last adult video of 2010, Queen of Bukkake, Nakadashi, Gang Rape (女王様ブッカケ中出し輪姦ザーメン塗れの元S女), directed by Dragon Nishikawa, was released by Cross in April 2010.
In an interview from 2015, Ozawa told reporters that she had quit the AV industry five years previously to pursue her goals: "I had a dream and I wanted to do it...I wanted to change my career." She also said that she hoped to overcome the stigma associated with her AV career.
2010: Asian celebrity
From December 2010 to June 2011, Ozawa was featured in twelve photosets at Petter Hegre's Hegre-Art website. In 2011 two more uncensored DVD titles with Ozawa were released: Catwalk Poison DX 02: Maria Ozawa and Encore 20: Maria Ozawa.
In November 2011, Ozawa co-starred with Asami and AV actress Mahiro Aine in Naoyuki Tomomatsu's science fiction V-Cinema release Karei naru erogami-ke no ichizoku: Shinsō reijō wa denki shitsuji no yume o miru ka, which was also released with English subtitles as Erotibot. She was also cast in the starring role for the erotic horror V-cinema feature Tokyo Species which was released on DVD in February 2012.
Ozawa visited the Philippines in April 2015 and made a guest appearance on the Manila radio show, Magic 89.9's "Boys Night Out". In an interview after the show Ozawa said she had an agent representing her in the Philippines and would be interested in appearing in a mainstream movie there. She was also the June 2015 cover girl for FHM Philippines magazine. Ozawa returned to Manila in June 2015 for an autograph session for FHM at Resorts World Manila. She also announced that she would be co-starring with Filipino actor Robin Padilla in a horror-action movie Nilalang ("Creature") which was due to start shooting in August 2015. The film was slated to be shown at the 2015 Metro Manila Film Festival, which Padilla withdrew and was replaced with Cesar Montano, the film also stars Yam Concepcion and Meg Imperial. Ozawa said she intended to take acting lessons and learn some Tagalog for the film. Ozawa travelled to the Philippines once again in July 2015 for FHM Philippines at their "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2015" party (Ozawa finished in 16th place after winner Jennylyn Mercado) and the VIP event on July 11 at the SMX Convention Center. Summit Media the publisher of FHM, releases Ozawa's Gravure Book along with Andrea Torres. Ozawa is an accomplished entrepreneur and operates multiple businesses in Japan and the Philipinnes. Ozawa is also the official Global Ambassador of men's lifestyle and event company BB Experiences.
Ozawa has been romantically linked with Filipino chef Jose Sarasola.
Adult videos (AV) and films
- Irokoishi (2007)
- Maid's Room: Return of the Master (メイドの部屋 ～お帰りなさいませ、ご主人様～) (April 2007)
- Kekkō Kamen Royale (けっこう仮面 ロワイヤル) (May 2007)
- Kekkō Kamen Premium (けっこう仮面 プレミアム) (June 2007)
- Kekkō Kamen Forever (けっこう仮面 フォーエバー) (July 2007)
- Erotibot (華麗なるエロ神家の一族 -深窓令嬢は電気執事の夢をみるか-, Karei naru erogami-ke no ichizoku: Shinsō reijō wa denki shitsuji no yume o miru ka) (November 2011)
- Tokyo Species (February 2012)
- Tokumei Kakarichō Tadano Hitoshi (特命係長・只野仁) – TV Asahi.
- 2nd special feature (August 7, 2005) as Anita, a sauna girl
- 3rd season series (January 12 – March 16, 2007) as Anita, a sauna girl (turned stripper in the 31st story, the last episode of the season)
- HAPPinas Happy Hour as host/performer in TV5 (Philippines)
- Pepito Manaloto as Herself in GMA Network
- Invitation Only, Kevin Ko, Three Dots Entertainment Co. Ltd., Taiwan – August 2008
- Menculik Miyabi, Findo Purwono HW, Maxima Pictures., Indonesia – 2009
- Hantu Tanah Kusir, Findo Purwono HW, Maxima Pictures., Indonesia – 2010
- Nilalang, VIVA Films, Philippines – 2015
- 小澤マリア1st.写真集 X・Star（Maria Ozawa's 1st Photobook – X・Star） – May 23, 2006, 彩文館出版 (ISBN 4-7756-0129-6)
- "小澤マリア – Ozawa Maria (Profile)". Web I-dic. Archived from the original on October 20, 2007. Retrieved August 30, 2007.
- "小澤マリア 公式ブログ (Maria Ozawa Official Blog)". blog.dmm.co.jp (in Japanese and English). Archived from the original on September 12, 2008. Retrieved September 12, 2008.
- "Maria Ozawa on adult films: 'I quit the industry 100%'". Rappler. Retrieved October 13, 2015.
- Dabu, Bianca Rose (June 23, 2015). "Maria Ozawa reveals why she left the adult film industry". GMA News. Retrieved June 25, 2015.
- "Maria Ozawa in "Menculik Miyabi"". indonesiamatters.com. Retrieved September 28, 2014.
- 小澤マリアの部屋へようこそ. b-v.co.jp (in Japanese). Archived from the original on January 6, 2010. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- "Maria Ozawa First English Interview – Monster Pictures". BountyFilmsAus. October 2011. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Maria Ozawa and Other Classmates – Years Later". Dann Zinke. March 2009. Archived from the original on August 14, 2011. Retrieved March 31, 2011.
- "Maria Ozawa with Kinki Kids in DARS chocolate ad 2002". japansugoi.com. December 2007. Archived from the original on August 24, 2012. Retrieved September 12, 2008.
- "みやび (Miyabi profile)". shirouto-teien.com (in Japanese). Archived from the original on November 23, 2006. Retrieved March 30, 2008.
- "Life After JAV with Maria Ozawa". Tokyo Night Style. Retrieved September 5, 2016.
- "2005". homepage3.nifty.com/kurokami. Archived from the original on April 2, 2010. Retrieved July 21, 2007.
- "Japan's AV Open contest 2008". japansugoi.com. June 2008. Archived from the original on December 12, 2008. Retrieved September 30, 2008.
- "2006 1st AV Open". av-open.com (in Japanese). Archived from the original on January 29, 2007. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- Otsubo, Kemuta (March 29, 2007). エスワン女優がメタメタに凌辱！中出！. allabout.co.jp (in Japanese). Archived from the original on January 9, 2011. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- "小澤マリア (Attackers profile and filmography)". attackers.net (in Japanese). Retrieved March 30, 2008.
- "Cast ｱﾆｰﾀ/小澤ﾏﾘｱ (Anita / Maria Ozawa)". tv-asahi.co.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved September 12, 2008.[permanent dead link]
- "IMDB – "Megami no hatena" (2007)". IMDb. Retrieved September 12, 2008.
- "Comedy interview variety show". The Japan Times Online. April 2007. Retrieved September 12, 2008.
- "Maria Ozawa 小澤 マリア in Japanese DS455 hip hip video". JapanSugoi. April 2007. Archived from the original on November 2, 2008. Retrieved September 12, 2008.
- "Maria Ozawa dances at Japanese strip club". JapanSugoi. June 2008. Archived from the original on December 9, 2010. Retrieved September 30, 2008. Has links to sample videos on AmebaVision
- "女優紹介: 小澤マリア (OZAWA MARIA) (Ran Maru actress profile and filmography)". ran-maru.com (in Japanese). Archived from the original on June 26, 2008. Retrieved June 22, 2008.
- メーカー一覧を見る. outvision.co.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved May 24, 2010.
- See official site "Invitation Only". invitation-movie.com. Archived from the original on September 13, 2008. Retrieved September 12, 2008.
- "IMDB – Invitation Only (2008)". imdb.com. Retrieved September 12, 2008.
- "Maria Ozawa stars in Taiwan slasher film Invitation Only". JapanSugoi. April 2008. Archived from the original on December 24, 2008. Retrieved September 12, 2008.
- "Invitation Only: Japanese Adult Star Maria Ozawa Grows Up". Weblog of Jason Gray – Tokyo. March 2008. Retrieved September 12, 2008.
- "Maria Ozawa FHM Taiwan video photoshoot". JapanSugoi. May 18, 2009. Archived from the original on August 15, 2010. Retrieved June 5, 2009.
- "Maria Ozawa does stint as a Macau Showgirl". JapanSugoi. December 5, 2008. Archived from the original on July 26, 2010. Retrieved January 29, 2009.
- "(Maria Ozawa Uncensored Videos)" (in Japanese). XVN. Retrieved March 8, 2012. (The XVN website was closed on December 15, 2008.)
- "Tora-Tora Platinum Vol.49 Maria Ozawa" (in Japanese). XVN. Retrieved October 4, 2008.
- "Tora Tora Platinum Vol.52 : Maria Ozawa". XVN. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "Tora Tora Platinum Vol.55 : Maria Ozawa". XVN. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "Meath Note". One Piece Entertainment.
- "Maria Ozawa DVD". One Piece Entertainment. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "Miyabi to feature in Indonesian movie". The Jakarta Post. September 19, 2009.
- "Maria Ozawa in "Menculik Miyabi"". indonesiamatters.com. September 19, 2009. Retrieved September 29, 2009.
- "Maria Ozawa in Indonesian comedy film Menculik Miyabi". JapanSugoi. May 28, 2010. Archived from the original on December 4, 2010. Retrieved November 29, 2010.
- "Japanese porn star Maria Ozawa scraps Indonesia film shoot". Boston Herald. Retrieved November 29, 2010.
- Maria Ozawa at IMDb
- "Ozawa movie to premiere on Thursday". The Jakarta Post. May 4, 2010. Archived from the original on December 5, 2010. Retrieved November 29, 2010.
- "Maria Ozawa, other acclaimed AV actresses on auction as stagnation sticks". Tokyo Reporter. November 14, 2009. Retrieved September 3, 2010.
- "Maker Introduction". av-gp.com (in Japanese). Archived from the original on February 27, 2009. Retrieved July 23, 2009.
- "AVGP 2009 Result announcement". av-gp.com (in Japanese). Archived from the original on March 2, 2009. Retrieved March 2, 2009.
- 集団ニューハーフ輪姦乱交レイプ小澤マリア. dasdas.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved November 29, 2010.
- 触獣丸呑みアクメ 小澤マリア (in Japanese). DMM. Retrieved November 29, 2010.
- "女王様ブッカケ中出し輪姦ザーメン塗れの元S女 小澤マリア" (in Japanese). DMM. Retrieved November 29, 2010.
- Dabu, Bianca Rose (June 23, 2015). "Maria Ozawa reveals why she left the adult film industry". GMA News. Retrieved June 25, 2015.
- "Maria Ozawa: Exotically Famous". Hegre-Art. March 7, 2011. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- "Catwalk Poison DX 02: Maria Ozawa". Catwalk Entertainment LTD.
- "Encore 20: Maria Ozawa". Stage2 Media.
- 華麗なるエロ神家の一族 -深窓令嬢は電気執事の夢をみるか- (in Japanese). AllCinema. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "Erotibot (2011)". amazon.co.uk. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- ToyDemon Blog (January 22, 2012). "Maria Ozawa New Movie Trailer "Tokyo Species" (NSFW)". Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "TOKYOスピーシーズ (2011)". Allcinema.net (in Japanese). Stingray. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- 小澤瑪利亞宣布進軍內地 10月推出首部時尚大片 (in Chinese). Cynes. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- "PHOTOS: Maria Ozawa wants to do movie in PH". abs-cbnnews.com.
- "Maria Ozawa Visits Philippines for Radio Guesting on Magic 89.9 "Boy's Night Out"". Attracttour. Retrieved May 23, 2015.
- Firmalan, Neps (May 27, 2015). " "Maria Ozawa is FHM's June 2015 Cover Girl". FHM Philippines. Retrieved May 28, 2015.
- Gonzales, Gelo (June 24, 2015). "Maria Ozawa, FHM Cover Girl June 2015". FHM Philippines. Retrieved July 9, 2015.
- "Former Japanese AV star Maria Ozawa to fulfill dream in the Philippines". PEP. Retrieved June 25, 2015.
- "Maria Ozawa to star in MMFF entry 'Nilalang' with Robin Padilla". GMA News. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- Gonzales, Gelo (July 9, 2015). "Don't Miss The FHM BroCon...Because Maria Ozawa Will Be There!". FHM Philippines. Retrieved July 9, 2015.
- Nikko Tuazon. "Rachel Ann Daquis, Maria Ozawa, Patricia Javier, and more at the FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2015 Victory Party". pep.ph. Archived from the original on September 24, 2015. Retrieved July 12, 2015.
- "Biz Buzz: Maria Ozawa chooses PH as new home". business.inquirer.net. Retrieved December 28, 2019.
- "BB EXPERIENCES". BB Experiences I Thailand. Retrieved December 28, 2019.
- "Maria Ozawa's Pinoy boyfriend opens up about 'life-changing' relationship". Philippine Entertainment Portal. GMA News and Public Affairs. May 15, 2017. Retrieved May 15, 2017.
- "Cast ｱﾆｰﾀ/小澤ﾏﾘｱ". tv-asahi.co.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved September 12, 2008.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maria Ozawa.|
- Maria Ozawa at IMDb
- Maria Ozawa at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Maria Ozawa on JapanHDV
- Maria Ozawa on YouTube
- Maria Ozawa on Twitter
- Maria Ozawa on Instagram
| FHM Philippines Cover Girl