This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Maria Sveland (born 1974) is an author and journalist from Sweden, best known for the 2007 book Bitterfittan (a made up Swedish compound noun which could be translated as either Bittercunt or The Bitter Cunt or less literally Bitterbitch or The Bitter Bitch). Bitterfittan is, according to Sveland, not an autobiography but rather a work inspired by her own experiences. The book criticises the institutionalised nuclear family from a radical feminist perspective, pointing out issues such as women's unpaid domestic labour, sexual violence, and the disproportional male/female use of parental leave.
Bitterfan 2 was released in 2017.
- Tucker, Maria Sveland ; translated by Katarina E. (2011). Bitter Bitch. London: Constable & Robinson. ISBN 9781849013215.
- "Bitterfittan translated into English" (in Swedish). Dagens Nyheter.
- "Så ser näthatet ut mot de kända profilerna". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 2017-08-20.
- Sofia, Börjesson (4 May 2017). "Maria Sveland: "Bakom varje framgångsrik kvinna hittar du ofta en skilsmässa"". ELLE (in Swedish). Retrieved 2017-08-21.
- Official website — in Swedish
|This article about a Swedish writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|