Maria T. Accardi
She is the 2014 recipient of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) Award for Significant Achievement in Woman's Studies Librarianship for her book Feminist Pedagogy for Library Instruction. Published in 2013 by Library Juice Press, the work examines "the intersection of information literacy and feminist theory." The chair of the awarding committee, Jennifer Mayer of the University of Wyoming, hailed the book as a "must-read for any librarian with interests in feminist issues, pedagogy, and library instruction."
Accardi is also a co-editor of Critical Library Instruction: Theories and Methods along with Emily Drabinski and Alana Kumbier. She is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, University of Louisville, and Northern Kentucky University.
- Critical library instruction : theories and methods. Maria T Accardi, Emily Drabinski and Alana Kumbier, 2010. ISBN 1936117401
- Feminist pedagogy for library instruction. Maria T Accardi, 2013. ISBN 193611755X
- "Accardi wins 2014 ACRL WGSS Significant Achievement Award | News & Press Center". Ala.org. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "IU Southeast Now | IU Southeast Librarian Maria Accardi Wins National Award for Significant Achievement in Women's Studies Librarianship". Now.ius.edu. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- Chase Ollis (2014-03-01). "ACRL honors the 2014 award winners, part 1". Crln.acrl.org. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- Pho, Annie (2013-10-19). "Integrating Feminist Pedagogy into Library Instruction | cat lady librarian". Catladylibrarian.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "Critical library instruction : theories and methods (eBook, 2010)". [WorldCat.org]. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
|This Louisville metro area-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|