Archduchess Maria of Austria (15 May 1531 – 11 December 1581) was the daughter of Emperor Ferdinand I from the House of Habsburg and Anna Jagiello.
She married William, Duke of Jülich-Cleves-Berg on 18 July 18, 1546 as his second wife and they had the following children:
- Marie Eleonore (25 June 1550 – 1608); married Albert Frederick, Duke of Prussia.
- Anna (1 March 1552 – 6 October 1632); married Philip Louis, Count Palatine of Neuburg.
- Magdalene (2 November 1553 – 30 July 1633); married John I, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken, brother of Philip Louis, Count Palatine of Neuburg.
- Charles Frederick (1555–75)
- Elizabeth (1556–61)
- Sibylle (1557–1627); married Karl II Habsburg (1560–1618) of Austria, Margrave of Burgau, a morganatic son of Ferdinand II, Archduke of Austria
- John William (28 May 1562 – 25 March 1609), Bishop of Münster, Count of Altena, Duke of Jülich-Cleves-Berg; married firstly, in 1585, to Jakobea of Baden (1558–97), daughter of Philibert, Margrave of Baden-Baden; married secondly, in 1599, to Antonia of Lorraine (1568–1610), daughter of Charles III, Duke of Lorraine).
|Ancestors of Maria of Austria, Duchess of Jülich-Cleves-Berg