Mariam Habach Santucci
January 26, 1996
|Home town||El Tocuyo, Lara, Venezuela|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Title||Miss Lara 2015|
Miss Venezuela 2015
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Venezuela 2015|
Miss Universe 2016
Mariam Habach Santucci (born 26 January 1996) is a Venezuelan model and beauty pageant titleholder who won Miss Venezuela 2015. She won the Señorita Centroccidental beauty pageant and represented the state of Lara at Miss Venezuela 2015, later represented Venezuela at Miss Universe 2016 (unplaced).
Habach is a dentistry student and was raised in a family of Syrian and Italian heritage along with two brothers in the city of El Tocuyo. Her father, Antonio, was born in the city of Tartus, Syria and her maternal family came from Fontanarosa and Agrigento, Italy during World War II. Habach speaks four languages: Spanish, English, Arabic and Italian.
Miss Venezuela 2015
During Venezuela's final coronation night on 8 October 2015, Habach was crowned Miss Venezuela 2015 representing her home state of Lara. She went to represent Venezuela at Miss Universe 2016.
Miss Universe 2016
Habach represented Venezuela at Miss Universe 2016 and she was amongst a group of favorites to win the pageant. She also won three special awards given by local sponsors during the pre-pageant activities in the Philippines. During the preliminary competition, she was introduced to the televised press as having won all nine beauty pageants she entered, the current coinciding with her birthday.
Habach is also known to wear the golden Maria Clara terno gown, disputed to having been initially reserved by former Miss Czech Republic Andrea Bezděková, to which its designer finally transferred the gown to Habach. Ultimately, Habach did not make placement among the 13 semi-finalists. In thirty three years of Venezuelan pageantry since this time, Habach is the fourth contestant whom did not make placement.
Accordingly, many pageant connoisseurs were bewildered on Habach's non-placement in Miss Universe, resulting in being pejoratively labeled as the recipient to the "Award of Ruth Ocumarez". Prior to the coronation night, a Venezuelan journalist named Julio Matute Rodríguez wrote that Habach was arrogant and spoiled due to an affluent upbringing. It was also rumored that her family influenced the judges at the Miss Venezuela 2015 pageant.
Furthermore, several networks on social media speculated that her failure to enter the top 13 selection was due to allegedly disrespecting several candidates. There were televised segments where she pinched second runner-up Andrea Tovar of Colombia and stepped on semi-finalist Valeria Piazza of Peru, among other candidates' dresses without issuing remorse or apology. In later months, Habach gained further notoriety for a video mocking former first runner-up Ariadna Gutierrez of Colombiax, in a recorded video prank allegedly referring to the provincial nature of Colombians.
- Miss Venezuela, originally a Syrian from the city of Tartous
- News, ABS-CBN. "Miss U judge explains why Miss Venezuela didn't make the cut". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
- Trens, Marcus. "5 Reasons why Miss Universe Venezuela Mariam Habach failed to reach top 13 semifinals". The Trending Facts. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
- Lao, Daniela Mendoza (2017-01-29). "Miss Universe 2016 winner: Steve Harvey wrong again? Where's Miss Venezuela Mariam Habach?". Yibada English. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
- "Miss Universe 2016 predictions: Who will succeed Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach?". Rappler. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
- Lao, Daniela Mendoza (2017-01-17). "Miss Universe 2016 news: Mariam Habach to win 8th crown for Venezuela?". Yibada English. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
- "Thoughts of Miss Universe 2016".
|Awards and achievements|
| Miss Venezuela
| Miss Lara