|Full name||Mariano Arias Chamorro|
|Date of birth||18 May 1946|
|Place of birth||Fabero, Spain|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in Fabero, Province of León, Marianín started playing organized football with local CA Bembibre, signing with Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa in 1967 and helping it promote to Segunda División four years later by scoring a country-best 36 goals. He was subsequently signed by Real Oviedo, making his La Liga debut on 2 September 1972 and netting his team's goal in a 1–2 away loss against UD Las Palmas.
Marianín won the Pichichi Trophy in 1972–73, helping the Asturian team finish in 12th position. None of his 19 successful strikes came from the penalty spot, and highlights included a hat-trick in a 3–3 draw at Athletic Bilbao on 26 November 1972, becoming the second club player to receive this award.
Marianín suffered top flight relegation in 1974, but he contributed with a career-best – at the professional level – 20 goals to help his side gain promotion at the first attempt. He left Oviedo in June 1977 at the age of 31, retiring two years later after spells with Cultural and Deportivo Fabero. in total, he scored 65 times for his main club in all competitions.
- "Marianín, aquel 'Jabalí del Bierzo'" [Marianín, that ‘Bierzo wild boar’]. El País (in Spanish). 4 January 2015. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- "Spain – List of Topscorers ("Pichichi") 1929–2015". RSSSF. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "Un «Jabalí» suelto en San Mamés" [A «Wild boar» on the loose in San Mamés]. La Nueva España (in Spanish). 27 December 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- "máximos goleadores en LIGA de 1ª división con la camiseta del R. OVIEDO" [top goal scorers in 1st division LEAGUE in R. OVIEDO shirt] (in Spanish). Telecable. Archived from the original on 25 March 2010.
- "0–0: España se defendió sin ahogos ante Turquia" [0–0: Spain had no problem fending off Turkey]. Mundo Deportivo (in Spanish). 18 October 1973. Retrieved 27 July 2016.