Marian High School (Massachusetts)
|Marian High School|
|273 Union Avenue|
Framingham, Massachusetts 01702
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Oversight||Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston|
|Average class size||15-20|
|Color(s)||Blue and Gold|
|Slogan||"Ad Jesum per Mariam"|
|Athletics conference||Catholic Central League|
|Accreditation||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
Marian High School was a private, Roman Catholic high school in Framingham, Massachusetts, United States that was established in 1956. It was located in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston and ran independently of the Diocese since 2004. On 3 April 2018, the school's board voted unanimously to cease operations at the end of the 2018 school year, due to low enrollment.
The school competed in ice hockey, basketball, soccer, track, baseball, softball, golf, lacrosse and volleyball.
- Cho Won-tae, president of Korean Air
- Peter Cronan, former NFL player for the Washington Redskins and the Seattle Seahawks and current color commentator for Boston College's football radio
- Lida E. Harkins, Massachusetts state representative
- Steven J. McAuliffe, senior judge of the United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- Christa McAuliffe, Challenger astronaut
- Brian Moran, former Virginia state delegate; 2009 candidate for Governor of Virginia
- Jim Moran, member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Virginia's 8th District; older brother of Brian
- Dave Schuler, former Major League Baseball player (California Angels, Atlanta Braves)
- Jay Miller (ice hockey), former Boston Bruins left winger
- MHS. "Marian High School Mission and History". Retrieved 2008-03-30.
- NEASC-CIS. "NEASC-Commission on Independent Schools". Archived from the original on 2009-06-16. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- Haddadin, Jim. "Marian High School in Framingham to close". The Framingham Tab. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- "Catholic High School Permanently Closing Due To Low Enrollment". CBS Boston. 4 April 2018. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- Corrigan, Grace George (2000). A Journal for Christa: Christa McAuliffe, Teacher in Space. University of Nebraska Press. p. 40. ISBN 0-8032-6411-9.