Marian High School (Mishawaka, Indiana)
|Marian High School|
|1311 South Logan Street
Mishawaka, Indiana, St. Joseph County 46544
|Motto||Learn. Serve. Lead.|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Patron saint(s)||Our Lady of Lourdes|
|Oversight||Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend|
|Average class size||22 Students|
|Campus size||72 acres (29 ha)|
|Athletics conference||Northern Indiana Conference|
|Rival||St. Joseph High School|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
Marian High School (also known as 'Mishawaka Marian) is a Roman Catholic secondary school in Mishawaka, Indiana in the United States, operated by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend. Marian was a top 50 school in 2005 noted on the Catholic High School Honor Roll. Marian High School holds a First Class commission from the Indiana State Department of Education and has been accredited by the North Central Association since 1996. Marian received a letter grade of "A" for the 2013-2014 school year from the state. This is the third year that Marian has received this award
This section has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
AP and ACP Classes
Marian offers 18 AP (Advanced Placement) courses which are eligible for college credit. AP courses offered for the 2014-2015 school year include: AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP World History, AP U.S. Government and Politics, AP U.S. History, AP Micro Economics, AP Latin, AP Psychology, AP Calculus-AB, AP Calculus-BC, AP Statistics, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics 1, AP Physics-C Mechanics, AP Physics-C Electricity and Magnetism, and AP Studio Art-2D. In addition, Marian offers ACP(Advanced College Project) classes through IUSB and non-AP dual credit courses through Ivy Tech Community College. These include Biology, Chemistry, Physics, U.S. History, Cadet Teaching, English, and Calculus.
- Baseball (boys)
- Basketball (boys & girls)
- Cross country (boys & girls)
- Football (boys)
- State champion - 1973, 1975, 1976
- Golf (boys & girls)
- Boys state champion - 2001
- Soccer (boys & girls)
- Softball (girls)
- Tennis (boys & girls)
- Track (boys & girls)
- Volleyball (girls)
- State champion - 1973
- Wrestling (boys)
|This section does not cite any sources. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Marian's band includes both pep and concert band, which compete annually in the ISSMA competitions. The band performs during athletic events, as well as holding both a Christmas and Spring concert annually. As of April 2015[update], the school does not have a marching band.
Marian offers over 30 clubs and allows students to create new clubs. The current list includes ACTS (A Chance To Serve), Regina Caeli, Right to Life, Ambassadors/Student Leadership, Art Club, Bowling League, Drama, Latin, French, German, Spanish, Intramurals, Young Vincentians, Liturgical Choir, Mock Trial, National Honors Society, Newspaper (The Lance), Pep, Quiz Bowl, SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions), Science Club, Science Olympiad, Ski Club, Speech and Debate, Student Council, Yearbook, Creative Writing, Dance, Diversity Coalition, Environmental Club, Film, Mole (Science), Photography, Jr. ROTC, Robotics, Tech Club, and an Ultimate Frisbee Club.
- Kyle Bornheimer (1994) - Actor
- Bob Otolski - Former Marian High School Athletics Director. Former head football coach for the Illinois State Redbirds football team. Member of the University of Indianapolis Athletics Hall of Fame.
- Demetrius Jackson, (Class of 2013): professional basketball player for the Boston Celtics.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
- "The Marian Difference" (PDF). Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "DOE Snapshot". Dept. of Education. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Marian High School Curriculum Handbook" (PDF). Marian High School Curriculum Handbook. Marian High School. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "IHSAA 2014-2015 School directory" (pdf). ihsaa.org. IHSAA. p. 85. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "IHSAA State Championships by School". ihsaa.org. IHSAA. Retrieved 21 March 2017.
- "1994 Indiana High School Mock Trial State Championship Awards" (PDF). Indiana Bar Foundation.
- "IMDB Bio - Kyle Bornheimer". IMDB.com. Retrieved March 31, 2016.
- "Coaching Record - Bob Otolski". CFBDataWarehouse.com. Retrieved March 31, 2016.