Marian Simion in 2013
|Born||September 14, 1975|
Marian Simion (born September 14, 1975 in Bucureşti) is a Romanian boxer, who competed in the Light Middleweight (71 kg) at the 2000 Summer Olympics and won the silver medal. He repeated that feat one year later, at the 2001 World Amateur Boxing Championships in Belfast after having won the world title at the previous tournament in Houston, Texas, United States.
He is the older brother of Olympic boxer Dorel Simion. Simion qualified for the 2004 Summer Olympics by ending up in first place at the 2nd AIBA European 2004 Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Warsaw, Poland.
- Defeated Hussein Bayram (France) 13-6
- Defeated Fernando Vargas (United States) 8-7
- Defeated Hassan Al (Denmark) 16-8
- Lost to Juan Hernández Sierra (Cuba) 7-20
- Defeated Ciro di Corcia (Italy) 19-8
- Defeated José Luis Zertuche (Mexico) RSC 3
- Defeated Frédéric Esther (France) RSC 3
- Defeated Pornchai Thongburan (Thailand) 26-16
- Lost to Yermakhan Ibraimov (Kazakhstan) 23-25
- Lost to Ramadan Yasser (Egypt) 29-36
|This article about a Romanian Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to a Romanian boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|