|Institutions||Laboratory of Molecular Biology|
|Alma mater||University of Zurich|
|Spouse||Hugh Pelham (m. 1996)|
Mariann Bienz FRS FMedSci is a distinguished molecular biologist based at the UK Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology. She has been a member of their Senior Scientific Staff since 1991, was Joint-head of Cell Biology in 2007/8 and has been Joint 'head of Protein and Nucleic Acid Chemistry since 2008.
She was educated at Gymnasium Winterthur and the University of Zürich where she studied Zoology and Molecular Biology and earned her PhD in 1981.
Career and research
Awards and honours
- Elected as a member of EMBO, 1989
- Friedrich Miescher Prize, Swiss Biochemical Soc., 1990
- Elected a Fellow of the Royal Society (FRS) in 2003
- Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences, 2006
- "Dr Mariann Bienz FMedSci FRS". London: Royal Society. Archived from the original on 2015-11-17.
- Staff. "The Academy of Medical sciences: Fellows: Dr Mariann Bienz FRS FMedSci". Academy of Medical Sciences. Retrieved 21 October 2012. Archived August 20, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Staff. "Dr Mariann Bienz Authorised Biography – Debrett's People of Today, Dr Mariann Bienz Profile". Debrett's. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- BIENZ, Dr Mariann, (Lady Pelham). ukwhoswho.com. Who's Who. 2015 (online Oxford University Press ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. (subscription required)
- Bienz, M (2006). "Bio-sketch for Oncogene Review Issue on Wnt signalling". Oncogene. 25 (57): 7441–7441. doi:10.1038/sj.onc.1210062. ISSN 0950-9232. PMID 17143287.
|This article about a British scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|