|Born||Sun Valley, Idaho|
Marianna was born in Sun Valley, Idaho on December 1, 1972. She was a top ranking junior skier and was poised to be named in the US ski team when an accident at the age of 16 left her paralysed from the chest down. She continued to compete and also graduated from Stanford University in 1995.
Davis has travelled widely and competed in a number of disciplines. She won one bronze medal for handcycling in 1998 in Nagano, Japan. In 2000 she was the World Champion at Giant Slalom in Anzere, Switzerland. In 2002 she was in a team of four disabled climbers who reached the summit of the 14,179 feet (4,322 m) Mount Shasta in California. Davis was the first female paraplegic to climb a peak over 14,000 feet. The journey was possible by using a Snowpod which is a hand cranked tracked snowmobile devised by Pete Rieke.
Davis won three silver medals competing in the 2002 Winter Paralympics in Salt Lake City, Utah for the same sport. In 2010 she added three more silver medals to her collection for participation at Paracycling World. Besides medals she was also awarded Endurance Sports Disabled Athlete of the Year in 2002 and IOC Presidents Disable Athlete Award in 2004. On September 7, 2012 she was awarded three gold medals at 2012 Summer Paralympics for individual H1-3 road race, H1-4 team relay, and H1-2 individual time trial.
- "Muffy Davis". National Disabled Ski Hall of Fame. Archived from the original on July 13, 2015. Retrieved February 17, 2014.
- "Marianna Davis". Team USA. United States Olympic Committee. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Wheeling Through Nature". The Seattle Times. July 15, 1996. Archived from the original on February 23, 2014. Retrieved February 17, 2014.
- "2012 London Paralympics". Capture the Games. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Muffy Davis Wins Three Paralympic Golds in London". Utah Spina Bifida. September 11, 2012. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- Gary Anderson (August 31, 2013). "Two more gold medals apiece for America and Italy on day three in Baie-Comeau". Inside the Games. Retrieved February 17, 2014.