|67th Mayor of Oslo|
|Assumed office |
21 October 2015
|Preceded by||Fabian Stang|
|Born||2 June 1951|
|Political party||Socialist Left|
She finished her secondary education at Sofienberg Upper Secondary School in 1975, graduated from the University of Oslo with the cand.mag. degree in 1975 and the cand.sociol. degree in 1979. While studying she was a journalist in Universitas from 1976 to 1978. She worked as a consultant in the Ministry of Local Government and Labour from 1979 to 1985, for the Ombudsman for Children in Norway from 1985 to 1995, for the County Governor of Oslo and Akershus from 1995 to 1997 and then in Save the Children in Norway. Here she has been responsible for the "Norway program". She has represented Save the Children in the Forum for Children and Families in the Council of Europe.
As a politician, Borgen was a member of her borough council from 1973 to 1976, and of Oslo city council from 1979 to 1983 and from 1995 to present. She served as a deputy representative to the Parliament of Norway from Oslo during the terms 1989–1993, 1993–1997, 1997–2001 and 2001–2005. In total, she met during eighteen days of parliamentary session. In 2007, she was the Socialist Left Party's candidate to become Mayor of Oslo, without succeeding. She was elected mayor in 2015.
Borgen was a board member of Lovisenberg Hospital from 1992 to 1994 and a deputy board member of Norwegian Social Research from 1996 to 2001. She has also co-administered research projects for the Research Council of Norway. From 1994 to 1996 and since 2006 she is a board member of Aker Hospital.
- "Marianne Borgen (SV)" (in Norwegian). Oslo municipality. 31 October 2002. Retrieved 25 December 2009.
- Åmås, Knut Olav, ed. (2008). Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 73. ISBN 978-82-03-23561-0.
- "Marianne Borgen" (in Norwegian). Storting.
- Sjøli, Hans Petter; Larsen, Christiane Jordheim (5 November 2009). "Ordfører Kristin i 2011?". Klassekampen (in Norwegian). p. 4.
- "Socialist Marianne Borgen becomes Oslo's new mayor". tnp. 2015-10-17. Retrieved 2015-10-23.