Marianne Southall Winslett is a professor emerita of computer science at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, specializing in databases. She is known for her "possible models" approach to belief revision.
In 2006 she was named a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery "for contributions to information management and security". In 2012 she won the SIGMOD Contributions Award for her efforts to document the biographies of notable database pioneers.
- UIUC faculty directory entry, accessed 2015-06-28.
- Gabbay, Dov M.; Rodrigues, Odinaldo T.; Russo, Alessandra (2010), Revision, Acceptability and Context: Theoretical and Algorithmic Aspects, Springer, p. 64, ISBN 9783642141591.
- Marianne Winslett at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Speaker bio , Computer Science Seminar Series, Computer Science Dept., Univ. of California, Irvine, January 7, 2011, retrieved 2015-06-28.
- ACM Fellow citation, retrieved 2015-06-28.
- Marianne Winslett: 2012 SIGMOD Contributions Award Archived 2015-07-16 at the Wayback Machine, SIGMOD, retrieved 2015-06-28.