Marie-Georges Pascal in
Les Raisins de la Mort
Marie-Georges Charlotte Faisy
October 2, 1946
|Died||November 9, 1985 (aged 39)|
|Cause of death||Suicide|
|Good Little Girls|
Le Dessous du ciel
Les Raisins de la Mort
Marie-Georges Pascal was born in Cambrai in northern France. She later described her childhood as "very hard " and " very sad". Her parents, who dreamed of seeing her becoming a concert artist, forced her to spend her days playing the piano. At the age of sixteen, after the death of her mother and her father's remarriage, she left home and got a job as a model.
She made her debut in 1971, appearing in Jean-Claude Roy's French classic Les Petites Filles modèles, in which she played one of the lead roles alongside Jessica Dorn, Cathy Reghin, Michele Girardon and Bella Darvi.
From 1972 to early 1973 she performed six erotic films including Je suis frigide... pourquoi? with Sandra Julien, German film Hausfrauen Report international, Bananes mécaniques, with Anne Libert, Pauline Larrieu, Philippe Gasté and Patrice Valota, Quand Les Filles se Déchaînent, Les Infidèles and Les confidences érotiques d'un lit trop accueillant, with Olga Georges-Picot.
In 1973, she received roles in comedy films, L'Historie Très Bonne et Très Joyeuse de Colinot Trousse-Chemise, with Brigitte Bardot and Gross Paris, and in a drama La Rage au poing, alongside Tony Gatlif.
In 1974, she received the leading role in Le Dessous du ciel, playing a young woman passionate for parachuting. Mixing adventure and romance, the series was a success and substantially increased her popularity in France. The series is well received in countries such as Germany, thanks to Pierre Brice's presence in the cast. Her next television credits include leading roles in drama series, Les Pilotes de courses, La Vie des autres and a part in an episode of the long-running crime series Les Cinq Dernières Minutes. Pascal has also starred in television films and mini-series like D'Artagnan Amoureux.
In other countries such as the United States and United Kingdom, she is best known for playing the lead role as Élisabeth in the 1978 Jean Rollin classic horror Les Raisins de la Mort, in which Rollin himself said she was very "moving" and that "she made her character's descent into madness is extremely real". The same year, she also appeared in Brigade Mondaine, an adaptation of a novel edited by Gérard de Villiers with a soundtrack by Marc Cerrone. During the 1980s she appeared in two films, Cauchemar and Flics de choc with Mylène Demongeot, which was her final film.
Robert Hossein gave her the opportunity to make her debut on stage in 1970 in an adaptation of Georges Simenon's novel La Neige était sale. In 1972, she showed off various skills in the musical Madame Pauline. Then she played both in comedies and dramas.
She played in Marc Camoletti's success of Boulevard theatre Duos sur canapé (1974) and Boeing-Boeing (1976), Eugène Labiche's classical Vaudeville The Italian Straw Hat (1980), Molière's Les Femmes Savantes (1979) and Jean Anouilh's Le Nombril (1983).
She also played dramatic characters like Chimène in Corneille's Le Cid (1975), Ismene in Anouilh's Antigone (1975-1976), Jeanie in Henry Miller's Just wild about Harry (1977), Estelle Rigault in Jean-Paul Sartre's No Exit (1982) and Germaine Lechat in Octave Mirbeau's Business is business (1985).
|Year||Title||Role||Directed by||International Title|
|Les Petites Filles modèles||Camille||Jean-Claude Roy||"Good Little Girls"|
|Je suis frigide... pourquoi?||Carla Chambon||Max Pécas||"I Am Frigid... Why?"|
|Hausfrauen-Report international||Janine||Ernst Hofbauer||"Housewives on the Job"|
|Les Infidèles||a girl at Sophie's||Christian Lara||"The Adulteress"|
|Bananes mécaniques||Marie-Georges||Jean-François Davy||"Clockwork Banana"|
|Les Confidences érotiques d'un lit trop accueillant||Noëlle||Michel Lemoine||"Invitation to Bed"|
|L'Histoire très bonne et très joyeuse de Colinot Trousse-Chemise||A bather||Nina Companeez||"The Edifying and Joyous Story of Colinot"|
|Quand les filles se déchaînent||Mylène||Guy Maria||"Hot and Naked"|
|Gross Paris||Gilles Grangier|
|La Rage au poing||Christine||Eric Le Hung||"Raging Fists"|
|Les Raisins de la mort||Élisabeth||Jean Rollin||"The Grapes of Death"|
|Brigade mondaine||Peggy||Jacques Scandelari||"Victims of Vice"|
|Flics de choc||Assistant of "Mitress"||Jean-Pierre Desagnat||"Shock Cops"|
|La Mort d'un champion||Maria Chamart||Abder Isker||Television film|
|Le Dessous du ciel||Joëlle Gavarnier||Roger Gillioz||Television series|
|Pilotes de courses||Brigitte Ducel||Robert Guez||Television series|
|Le Milliardaire||Cécile Fabre-Simmons||Robert Guez||Television film|
|D'Artagnan amoureux||Julie de Colineau du Val||Yannick Andréi||Television mini-series|
|Mini-chroniques de René Goscinny||The dream girl||Jean-Marie Coldefy||Season 2, episode 3 "La Croisière"|
|Quand flambait le bocage||Mme de Montsorbier||Claude-Jean Bonnardot||Television film|
|Par-devant notaire||Minouche||Jean Laviron||Episode: "La Résidence du bonheur"|
|Mme de Sévigné: Idylle familiale avec Bussy-Rabutin||Louise de Bussy||Gérard Pignol
|La Vie des autres||Audrey Caldwell||Jean-Pierre Desagnat||Episode: "Le Scandale"|
|La Double Vie de Théophraste Longuet||Jane de Montfort||Yannick Andréi||Television mini-series|
|Les cinq dernières minutes||Lydie Vignal||Jean-Pierre Desagnat||Season 3, episode 32 "Rouge Marine"|
- 1975: Rêves pornos / Le Dictionnaire de l'érotisme, directed by Max Pécas (edited from Je Suis Frigide...Pourquoi?) ... Carla
- 1999: Eurotika !, documentary television series directed by Andy Stark and Pete Tombs : Episodes: Vampires and Virgins: The Films of Jean Rollin (edited from Les Raisins de la Mort), Is there a Doctor in the House: Medicine gone bad (edited from Je Suis Frigide...Pourquoi?), I am a Nymphomaniac: Erotic Films of Max Pécas (edited from Je Suis Frigide...Pourquoi?)
- 2007: La Nuit des horloges, directed by Jean Rollin (edited from Les Raisins de la Mort) .. Élisabeth
- 2007: Secret Cinema (Das geheime Kino), short directed by Michael Wolf (edited from Les Raisins de la mort)
- 2008: Spark of Life, short directed by Mike Bazanele (edited from Les Raisins de la mort)
- 2008: Grindhouse Universe, (trailer of Les Petites Filles modèles)
- 2011: Jean Rollin, le rêveur égaré, documentary directed by Damien Dupont and Yvan Pierre-Kaiser (edited from Les Raisins de la mort)
- 2015: Jean Rollin, être et à voir, documentary directed by Jean-Loup Martin (edited from Les Raisins de la mort)
- 1970 : La Neige était sale (Frédéric Dard and Georges Simenon, directed by Robert Hossein) ... Minna
- 1972 : La Maison de Zaza (musical by Darry Cowl from Gaby Bruyère's play) ... Fleur-de-Pêcher
- 1974 : Duos sur canapé (Marc Camoletti, directed by Marc Camoletti) ... Bubble
- 1975 : Le Cid (Pierre Corneille, directed by Michel Le Royer) ... Chimène
- 1975 : Antigone (Jean Anouilh, directed by Nicole Anouilh) ... Ismene
- 1976 : Boeing-Boeing (Marc Camoletti, directed by Christian-Gérard) ... Judith
- 1977 : Just wild about Harry (Henry Miller, directed by François Joxe) ... Jeanie
- 1978 : Boeing-Boeing (Marc Camoletti, directed by Christian-Gérard) ... Judith
- 1979 : Les Femmes Savantes (Molière, directed by Jean Térensier) ...
- 1979 : Boeing-Boeing (Marc Camoletti, directed by Christian-Gérard) ... Judith
- 1980 : Duos sur canapé (Marc Camoletti, directed by Marc Camoletti) ... Bubble
- 1980 : Soir de grève (Odile Ehret, directed by Virgil Tanase) ... the woman
- 1981 : The Italian Straw Hat (Eugène Marin Labiche and Marc-Michel, directed by Guy Kayat) ... Hélène
- 1982 : No Exit (Jean-Paul Sartre, directed by Georges Wilson) ... Estelle Rigault
- 1983 : Le Nombril (Jean Anouilh, directed by Jean Anouilh and ||Roland Piétri]]) ... Joséphine
- 1985 : Business is business (Octave Mirbeau, directed by Pierre Dux) ... Germaine Lechat
- Marie-Georges Pascal at Les Gens du cinema (French)
- Richey, Jeremy (March 10, 2009)"Jean Rollin: The Collaborators (Marie-Georges Pascal)". blogspot.com. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- Also credited as Marie George Pascal or Marie-George Pascal
- Marie-Georges Pascal Archived November 19, 2010, at the Wayback Machine at Actrices de France (French).
- Marie-Georges Pascal on Les Archives du spectacle (French)
- Marie-Georges Pascal Interview by Marlyse Lowenbach, October 1974, on gerardchambre-tribute.ch (French)
- Marie-Georges Pascal at Encyclo-ciné (French)
- Sandra Julien is another actress who has worked with director Jean Rollin in Le Frisson des Vampires
- Philippe Gasté of Jean Rollin's Requiem pour un Vampire
- Patrice Valota also appeared in Les Raisins de la Mort
- Marie-Georges Pascal on IMDb
- Le Dessous du ciel at gerardchambre-tribute
- "Jacques Scandelari's Victims of Vice (1978)". blogspot.com. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- tournées Herbert-Kasenty on Régie Théâtrale.com
- Program of the show at www.memoire.celestins-lyon.org
- Marie-Georges Pascal on Régie Théâtrale.com
- Just wild about Harry/Transit BNF
- Ons stad #9, 1982, pp.30-32 (backstage pictures).
- Marie-Georges Pascal on OnlineFilmdatenbank.de