Marie-Jeanne Louis Dreyfus
1942 (age 80–81)
|Known for||minority shareholder of Louis Dreyfus Group|
Jeanne Madeline Depierre
|Relatives||Monique Roosmale Nepveu (sister)|
Robert Louis-Dreyfus (brother)
Marie-Jeanne Meyer (born 1942) is a French billionaire and member of the Louis Dreyfus family.
Born Marie-Jeanne Louis-Dreyfus, she was one of three children born to Jean and Jeanne Madeline (née Depierre) Louis-Dreyfus. Her brother is Robert Louis-Dreyfus and her sister is Monique Roosmale Nepveu. Her father was Jewish and her mother Roman Catholic. She is the great granddaughter of Léopold Louis-Dreyfus, founder of the Louis-Dreyfus Group, which had begun buying and selling wheat in the Alsace region a century earlier, and rapidly diversified into shipping, oil and other commodities. Her grandfather was Louis Louis-Dreyfus who served in the French Parliament during the French Third Republic. After the death of her brother Robert, his widow and second wife Margarita Louis-Dreyfus (b: Rita Bogdanova), inherited 60% of the Louis Dreyfus Group (later increased to 65% in 2012). As of 2013, Marie-Jeanne owned 12.5% of the Louis Dreyfus Group making her a billionaire. In 2009, she founded the venture capital company Florac SAS.
As of March 2015, she had a net worth of US$1.5 billion.
Actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus is her cousin.
- Who's Who in France: "Biographie Jean Louis-dreyfus" February 2, 2003
- Bourdon, Jean-Claude and Jacques-Olivier Martin Robert Louis-Dreyfus: Les aventures d'un Don Juan des affaires (2007), 293 pages, ISBN 2-35228-003-6
- Paris Match: "“Robert Louis-Dreyfus, un seigneur qui voyait loin et visait haut" by Jacques Veyrat July 8, 2009 (in French) | "...cet agnostique, fils d’un juif et d’une catholique..." / "...this agnostic, the son of a Jew and a Catholic..."
- Pierre Perrone (17 July 2009). "Obituary: Robert Louis-Dreyfus: Businessman who helped resurrect Olympique Marseille football club" (newspaper). The Independent. United Kingdom: Independent News and Media Limited.
- Ancien sénateur des Alpes-Maritimes August 17, 2013
- Margarita Louis-Dreyfus, fr.wikipedia
- Forbes: "Rising Commodity Prices Created Three Louis-Dreyfus Billionaires" by Zohair Siraj November 7, 2012
- Le Figaro: Margarita Louis-Dreyfus, la Tsarine des affaires" 27 Juillet 2013
- Florac: "La Societe" retrieved August 24, 2014
- Forbes: The World's Billionaires - Marie-Jeanne Meyer August 2014