|Other names||Bambi, Marie-Pier Ysser|
|Occupation||Entertainer, teacher, author|
Marie-Pierre Pruvot (also known under the pseudonym Marie-Pier Ysser; born 11 November 1935) is an Algerian-born French transgender woman who performed under the stage name Bambi. She performed in a transgender showgirl revue at Le Carrousel de Paris for approximately 20 years.
While performing regularly, she appeared in several documentaries, including the 1959 film Costa Azzurra, directed by Vittorio Sala and the 1963 film 90 notti in giro per il mondo, directed by Mino Loy. During her entertainment career, she acquired university degrees at the Sorbonne in Paris, subsequently becoming a teacher of literature in 1974. She was initially appointed in Cherbourg; two years later, she began teaching at Garges-lès-Gonesse, and remained there for the next 25 years. She was honored with induction into the Ordre des Palmes Académiques.
- Pruvot, Marie-Pierre (2003). J'inventais ma vie. Éditions Osmondes, ASIN B006X19N58
- Pruvot, Marie-Pierre (2007). Marie parce que c'est joli. Éditions Bonobo, ISBN 978-2352690023
- Foerster, Maxime (2006). Histoire des transsexuels en France, H&O, ISBN 978-2845471382
- Dayan, Josée (dir). (2008) Nous n'irons plus au bois. Archived 2012-08-16 at the Wayback Machine [No More Hide and Seek] Passionfilms
- Sala, Vittorio (dir.) (1959). Costa Azzurra. Glomer Film
- Loy, Mino (1963). 90 notti in giro per il mondo. Documento Film
- Pruvot, Marie-Pierre (2007). ... j'ai changé de sexe. Paris Match
- "Berlin's Teddy Family". Interview, March 2013.
|This French biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|