Avgeropoulos at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con International
|Education||Port Arthur Collegiate Institute|
|Known for||The 100|
Marie Avgeropoulos (//, Greek pronunciation: [avʝeˈropulos]; Greek: Μαρία "Μαρί" Αυγεροπούλου; born 17 June 1986) is a Canadian actress and model. She is best known for her role as Octavia Blake on The CW’s post-apocalyptic science fiction television series The 100 (2014–2020).
Avgeropoulos was born on 17 June 1986 in Thunder Bay, Ontario to Greek parents. She grew up fishing, hunting and camping, spending most of her free time outdoors. She started playing drums when she was 16. After studying broadcast journalism for two years in her hometown, she moved to Europe. Several months later, she came back to Canada and settled in Vancouver. At the age of 20 she underwent surgery in order to remove a big tumour from her chest and throat, with her vocal cords being removed and put back in. This procedure affected her voice.
One of her friends invited her for a casting call in Vancouver, which happened to be looking for drummers. A talent agent recognized her talent and invited her to appear in various national commercials. She caught the attention of director Chris Columbus. He hired Avgeropoulos for I Love You, Beth Cooper, which became her first feature film role. Her appearance in the film gave her the opportunities to star in more films, television shows and magazines.
In 2010, Avgeropoulos was cast as Kim Rhodes in the film Hunt to Kill, which became her break-out role.
Early in 2013, Avgeropoulos made her break-out in television after being cast for a recurring role in The CW's Cult. However, the series failed to attract viewers and after episode 7, the show was cancelled. The remaining six episodes of the show were broadcast later in the summer.
In late 2018, Avgeropoulos was involved in a domestic violence incident when she and her boyfriend allegedly began arguing in a car on the Ventura (134) Freeway shortly after midnight on 5 August 2018. Avgeropoulos was on new medication mixed with alcohol, and was accused of striking him multiple times in the head, neck and arm, resulting in minor injuries according to the District Attorney’s Office. She was then charged with domestic violence. Avgeropoulos's boyfriend wanted the charges dropped and stated that she doesn't pose a threat. The case was formally dismissed with all charges dropped, as there was no intent of harm on Avgeropoulos' part, but rather "an adverse reaction to medication that triggered the outburst."
|2009||I Love You, Beth Cooper||Valli Wooley|
|2010||Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief||Aphrodite Girl|
|Hunt to Kill||Kim Rhodes|
|Numb||Cheryl||Nominated - Leo Awards for Best Supporting Performance by a Female in a Motion Picture|
|2016||A Remarkable Life||Chelsea|
|Dead Rising: Endgame||Sandra Lowe|
|2019||Wonder Woman: Bloodlines||Vanessa Kapatelis / Silver Swan (voice)|
|TBA||Butterfly in the Typewriter||Jean Ann Jollett||Pre-production|
|2009||Supernatural||Taylor||Episode: "After School Special"|
|Harper's Island||Stacy||Episode: "Bang"|
|The Guard||Jeanette||Episode: "Body Parts"|
|Sorority Wars||Missy||Television film|
|2010||The Troop||Sarah||Episode: "Speed"|
|Fringe||Leah / Waitress||2 episodes|
|Smoke Screen||Suzi||Television film|
|Human Target||Jamie Hartloff||Episode: "The Other Side of the Mall"|
|Hiccups||Terry||Episode: "Sexual Healing"|
|2012||Fugitive at 17||Holly Hamilton||Television film|
|Walking the Halls||Amber||Television film|
|The Inbetweeners||Samantha||4 episodes|
|2013||90210||Cassie McCoy||Episode: "The Empire State Strikes Back"|
|Cult||Kirstie Nelson||Recurring Role; 10 episodes|
|2014–2020||The 100||Octavia Blake||Main Role; 100 Episodes|
- "Thunder Bay starlet Marie Avgeropoulos snags Twilight hunk Taylor Lautner". NNL. 31 July 2013. Archived from the original on 13 June 2018. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
Marie Avgeropoulos born 17 June 1986...
- Day, Carla (29 October 2014). "'The 100' Interview: Marie Avgeropoulos on Octavia and Lincoln's Sacrifices for Each Other". BuddyTV. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- Jancelewicz, Chris (3 April 2014). "Marie Avgeropoulos Talks 'The 100,' Octavia, And Her 'Neil Armstrong Moment'". HuffPost. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- "Marie Avgeropoulos at Dutch Comic Con Winter 2019 - YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2 September 2020.
6:09-6:36 - "But it's working for me, you know, i got my vocal cords ripped out a long time ago and put back in because i had a big tumour removed from my chest, and, yeah, yeah. I have a scar right here, nobody's noticed after all these years but here it is. That's what works for me as an actress i guess and it's my trophy, it reminds me that i'm strong as Marie while i'm playing Octavia."
- Trapunski, Charles (30 May 2020). "Interview: The 100's Marie Avgeropoulos". Brief Take. Retrieved 2 September 2020.
BT (Brief Take): And the shriek that you did was apparently significant as well. - MA (Marie Avgeropoulos): The Sonic scream? I told them that I think I have only one or two Sonic screams in me, otherwise then my voice sort of… because I had a large tumour removed from my chest and my throat and my vocal cords when I was 20 years old, so screaming doesn’t really work for me more than once or twice, or then it goes silent for a couple of days. [chuckles] Which might not be a bad thing for those around me, they may be like: “Oh good. She shuts up. Yay!”. [laughs]
- "GRUMPY MAGAZINE #14 - Marie Avgeropoulos". Issuu. Retrieved 7 August 2019.
- Gelman, Vlada (1 March 2013). "Pilot Scoop: Cult Actress Is One of CW's Hundred". TVLine. Retrieved 7 February 2017.
- "'The 100' Star Marie Avgeropoulos Charged With Domestic Violence, BF Wants It Dropped". TMZ.
- "The 100's Marie Avgeropoulos Charged After Domestic Violence Arrest". E! News. 17 September 2018.
- "Actress Marie Avgeropoulos Pleads Not Guilty To Assaulting Boyfriend". 17 September 2018.
- "CW's 'The 100' Star Marie Avgeropoulos Domestic Violence Case Dismissed". TMZ. Retrieved 18 June 2020.
- "Taylor Lautner Single Again After Split From 'Tracers' Co-Star Marie Avgeropoulos". Yahoo!.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marie Avgeropoulos.|