Marie Forleo in 2015
|Born||citation needed]December 7, 1975 [|
|Alma mater||Seton Hall University|
|Occupation||Life coach, motivational speaker, author, web television host|
Marie Forleo (born December 7, 1975) is an American entrepreneur. She is a New York Times bestselling author for the advice books, Everything is Figureoutable and Make Every Man Want You. According to Harper's Bazaar, Forleo is a "self-made millionaire" that started her career "serving drinks, cleaning toilets, and waiting tables" as well as hip-hop dancing.
In 2010, she founded Marie Forleo International. She also started the online business program called B-School, which has worked with 55,000 people in 148 countries on their small businesses. Forleo hosts and stars in MarieTV, a YouTube web series, and The Marie Forleo Podcast.
After graduating from college, Forleo became a trading assistant on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). She left the NYSE to work for Gourmet and Mademoiselle. In 2001, she established a newsletter and gained subscribers and coaching clients from relationships she formed while bartending and instructing fitness and dance classes. She became one of the first Nike Elite Dance Athletes in 2005. She starred in the dance fitness videos such as Crunch: Cardio Dance Blast in 2005 and Prevention Fitness Systems - Dance Yourself Thin in 2006.
In 2008, Forleo released Make Every Man Want You: How to Be So Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself!. The book has been published in 16 languages. The following year, she founded Marie Forleo International, a business coaching practice. She also started an online business course called B-School, which has educated with 55,000 people in 148 countries on their small businesses. In 2009, Forleo was interviewed by Tony Robbins as a marketing expert for his "The New Money Masters" series and in 2011, Sir Richard Branson invited Forleo to mentor young entrepreneurs at his Centre for Entrepreneurship. That year, Forleo launched MarieTV, a web television show. In 2012, Forleo appeared on a SuperSoul Sunday discussion about life and spirituality with Oprah Winfrey, Gabrielle Bernstein and Mastin Kipp.
She spoke at the Life Is Beautiful conference in 2014. Later that year, her company, Marie Forleo International, was listed on Inc's list of top 500 fastest growing private companies. Inc. also named Marie Forleo International as one of the top 50 fastest growing female-led companies.
Forleo starred in the 5-part docuseries, Transcendence: Live Life Beyond the Ordinary, in 2018, and in the documentary, We Rise Up, in 2019. In September 2019, Forleo released Everything is Figureoutable: One Simple Belief to Create Unstoppable Success, which was based on her concept on Oprah Winfrey's SuperSoul Sessions. The book was a New York Times bestseller.
- Make Every Man Want You: How to Be So Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself! (2008) ISBN 978-0071597814
- Everything is Figureoutable: One Simple Belief to Create Unstoppable Success (2019) ISBN 978-0525534990
- Crunch Cardio Dance Blast (2005)
- Prevention Fitness Systems - Dance Yourself Thin (2006)
- Dance Off: Tummy Tone Party (2006)
- Dream Girl (2016)
- Transcendence (2018)
- Today Show (2019)
- We Rise Up (2019)
- "Advice, How-To & Miscellaneous". The New York Times.
- "Why we need to stop underestimating optimism". Harper's Bazaar.
- "Feeling Like a Failure with a Day Job? It May Mean Success". Inc.
- Cari Sommer (February 22, 2012). "When You've Got it- Flaunt it: A Case Study on Marie Forleo". Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- Dr Monique Y. Wells (December 11, 2014). "Successful Woman Entrepreneurs Give Back: Marie Forleo". Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- "Business coach Marie Forleo explains how she created her dream job and got hundreds of thousands of fans". Business Insider.
- "13 Books By Successful Women That'll Actually Help Your Career". Refinery29.
- "Why Multiple Streams Of Income Are Important, According To This Pioneering Life Coach". Girl Boss.
- "The New Money Masters" (PDF). Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- Leigh Buchanan. "Marie Forleo and the High Art of People Pleasing". Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- "Interview: Marie Forleo". Archived from the original on April 13, 2015. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- Leigh Buchanan. "Inside the Mind of the Entrepreneur". Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- Paulette Cohn. "Marie Forleo: How to Make Every Man Want You". Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- "Marie Forleo's Guiding Life Philosophy: Everything Is Figureoutable". Success.
- "Tips from Tony Robbins on how to live rich". Tampa Bay Times. March 27, 2016.
- Kathy Caprino (June 17, 2013). "What Marie Forleo Taught Me About Selling My Soul". Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- Oprah Winfrey, Gabrielle Bernstein, Mastin Kipp, Marie Forleo (November 18, 2012). Soul to Soul with the Next Generation.
- "Marie Forleo". Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- "Introducing the 5,000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America". Inc. 2014.
- Graham Rapier. "The 50 Fastest-Growing Women-Led Private Companies in America". Inc.
- We Rise Up
- "Marie Forleo shares life lessons from her new book". Today.