Marie de Villepin
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Marie de Villepin
|Born||8 May 1986|
Washington, D.C., U.S.
|Occupation||Model, actress, singer|
|Parent(s)||Dominique de Villepin|
Marie Galouzeau de Villepin (born 8 May 1986) is a French model, actress and singer. The daughter of former Prime Minister and diplomat Dominique de Villepin, she spent most of her childhood in India before moving to various countries in Latin America and Africa.
As a young girl she landed a role in Danièle Thompson's movie La Bûche and then took acting classes at Cours Florent as well as from Raymond Acquaviva, both in Paris. When she turned 18 and after graduating with a degree in applied mathematics from Dauphine University Paris, she moved to New York to pursue a modeling career. After several seasons on the catwalks of New York, Milan and Paris, appearing in ad campaigns of major designers shot by the likes of Mario Sorrenti, Inez and Vinoodh, and Gilles Bensimon, Marie was selected to be the face of Givenchy's perfume Ange ou Démon.
For her starring role in Veit Helmer's Baikonur, shot in the steppes of Kazakhstan and in Moscow, Marie completed a full cosmonaut training course in zero gravity. She has training in kickboxing, Judo, and hi-octane water sports, and has been an equestrian since the age of six.
In 2009 she formed a 4 piece band called PINKMIST in which she sings, writes and plays guitar. After recording their first EP they performed many shows all over Europe, including, London, Paris, Brussels, and Berlin. She is currently working on her latest music collaboration to be revealed in early 2019.
She was the bride for the French fashion designer Franck Sorbier in his Fall 2004 Couture collection. Her first major breakthrough was a fashion story shot by Gilles Bensimon in the American edition of ELLE in October 2005.
In 2007, she was also chosen by Krizia for their Spring and Fall 2007 advertising campaigns. In 2007, she was also on the catwalk in London at the event "Fashion Rocks" for Christopher Kane.
She currently models in New York under the alias of Marie Steiss. Marie Steiss was on the runway for Krizia in Milan, Spring and Winter 2007 collections; for Givenchy in Paris, Spring 2007 RTW collection. She was on the runway in New York for Diane von Fürstenberg, Spring 2006, Winter 2006, Winter 2007 and Spring 2008 collections. She was also seen on the catwalk for Catherine Malandrino and Nicole Romano, Spring 2007 collections; for United Bamboo, Winter 2006 collection. Marie, like both her siblings, is blonde and slender (1.80 m, 55 kg). Since her role as Betty Catroux in the movie "Yves Saint Laurent", she's been appearing in various fashion magazines, such as Elle France.
In 2013, she was the face of the advertising campaign of the Makeup brand "Ardency Inn". She was shot by Claiborne Swanson Frank for a newly released book, Young Hollywood. In 2015, she is in the cover of the French summer issue of LUI magazine, partly topless.
She had a small career as a child actor, playing in the Danièle Thompson directorial debut La bûche (English: Season's Beatings) (1999) alongside Sabine Azéma, Emmanuelle Béart and Charlotte Gainsbourg. She had a role as Philippa of Hainault in a French TV miniseries, Les Rois maudits (2005), based on the novels of Maurice Druon.
She decided to take back her real name - Marie de Villepin - when she got her first female leading part in the film Baikonur by German director and producer Veit Helmer. She was the face of makeup "Ardency Inn", for which she modelled, sang and acted, in 2013.
In 2013, she played muse Betty Catroux in Jalil Lespert's film “Yves Saint Laurent", released in the U.S. by The Weinstein Company.
Marie de Villepin is currently the lead singer of the group Pinkmist.
IMG models / Why Not model agency (Milan) / Iconic management (Berlin)
- Agents Associés Suzy / David Vatinet (PARIS)
- 2004 Haute Couture Franck Sorbier
- Spring 2006 RTW Diane Von Furstenberg
- Fall 2006 RTW Diane Von Furstenberg / United Bamboo
- Spring 2007 RTW Givenchy /Nicole Romano/Catherine Malandrino/ Krizia
- Fall 2007 RTW Krizia / Diane Von Furstenberg
- Spring 2008 RTW Diane Von Furstenberg
- 2006 / 2010 Givenchy Fragrance "Ange ou Démon"
- 2007 / 2009 Spring and Fall RTW KRIZIA collections
- 2013 Ardency Inn (makeup)
- 1999 Season's Beatings (in French: La Bûche) — Danièle Thompson
- 2005 Les Rois maudits (The Accursed Kings) as Philippa of Hainault (Miniseries, France 2) — Josée Dayan
- 2007 Ange ou Demon perfume commercial for GIVENCHY directed by Mike figgis
- 2010 Baikonur by Veit Helmer - leading role
- 2013 "Devouring Art" by Rie Rasmussen (Short film, Art & fashion)
- 2014 Yves Saint Laurent by Jalil Lespert
- 2014 "Masque d'Or" by Julien Landais - Leading role - Short movie
- Marie de Villepin in Vs Magazine
- Interview in Le JDD 
- interview LUI magazine 
- Interview Portrait Liberation 
- Passariello, Christina (27 February 2007). "Famous Name Does Wonders for Career of Ms. de Villepin". wsj.com. Retrieved 13 February 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Les Rois maudits: Casting de la saison 1" (in French). AlloCiné. 2005. Archived from the original on 19 December 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- / Marie de Villepin's profile on Zimbio
- Above Live Video, Marie de Villepin interviewing Angela Lindvall
- Baikonur official website
- / IMG Profile of Marie de Villepin
- Agents Associés Suzy Vatinet / Marie de Villepin
- / Marie de Villepin's French Agency
- Elle.US October 2005
- Marie de Villepin was the Bride at F. Sorbier Couture,F/W 2004