Marie de Villepin
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (October 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Marie de Villepin|
Marie de Villepin in June 2013
May 8, 1986 |
Washington, D.C., United States
|Relatives||Dominique de Villepin (father)|
Marie Galouzeau de Villepin (born 8 May 1986) is a French model, actress and singer. She is the daughter of former Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin. She has a brother, Arthur, and a younger sister, Victoire. She graduated with the licence degree in law from Panthéon-Assas University in 2006 and became a model in New York. She later focused on acting, after taking acting lessons in Paris at the Cours Florent and in New York.
She was the bride for the French fashion designer Franck Sorbier in his Fall 2004 Couture collection. Her first major breakthrough was a fashion story shot by Gilles Bensimon in the American edition of ELLE in October 2005.
She was the face and the spokesperson of the perfume Ange ou Démon by Givenchy from 2006 to 2008. In 2007, she was also chosen by Krizia for their Spring and Fall 2007 advertising campaigns. In 2007, she was also on the catwalk in London at the event "Fashion Rocks" for Christopher Kane.
She currently models in New York under the alias of Marie Steiss. Marie Steiss was on the runway for Krizia in Milan, Spring and Winter 2007 collections; for Givenchy in Paris, Spring 2007 RTW collection. She was on the runway in New York for Diane von Fürstenberg, Spring 2006, Winter 2006, Winter 2007 and Spring 2008 collections. She was also seen on the catwalk for Catherine Malandrino and Nicole Romano, Spring 2007 collections; for United Bamboo, Winter 2006 collection.
Marie, like both her siblings, is blonde and slender (1.80 m, 55 kg). Since her role as Betty Catroux in the movie "Yves Saint Laurent", she's been appearing in various fashion magazines, such as Elle France. In 2013, she was the face of the advertising campaign of the Makeup brand "Ardency Inn". She was shot by Claiborne Swanson Frank for a newly released book "Young Hollywood". In 2015, she is in the cover of the French summer issue of LUI magazine, partly topless.
She had a small career as a child actor, playing in the Danièle Thompson directorial debut La bûche (English: Season's Beatings) (1999) alongside Sabine Azéma, Emmanuelle Béart and Charlotte Gainsbourg. She had a role as Philippa of Hainault in a French TV miniseries, Les Rois maudits (2005), based on the novels of Maurice Druon.
She decided to take back her real name - Marie de Villepin - when she got her first female leading part in the film Baikonur by German director and producer Veit Helmer. This romantic drama tells the love story between a French space tourist and a young man living in the Kazakh steppe. Cofinanced by ARTE, this film was shot until November 2010 and was released in September 2011. Its international screening happened during Busan International Film Festival in October 2011.
She was the face of makeup "Ardency Inn", for which she modelled, sang and acted, in 2013.
She also works for "Above Live Video"; she interviews personalities (such as Michelle Rodriguez or Angela Lindvall), writes and gives her voice to some of these videos.
She co-stars in the short movie directed by Rie Rasmussen "Devouring Art" (Art & Fashion) which was on 21 March 2013 in online vs.magazine.
In 2013, she played muse Betty Catroux in Jalil Lespert’s film “Yves Saint Laurent", released in the U.S. by The Weinstein Company.
Marie de Villepin is currently the lead singer of the group Pinkmist.
- Agents Associés Suzy Vatinet (PARIS)
- 2004 Haute Couture Franck Sorbier
- Spring 2006 RTW Diane Von Furstenberg
- Fall 2006 RTW Diane Von Furstenberg / United Bamboo
- Spring 2007 RTW Givenchy /Nicole Romano/Catherine Malandrino/ Krizia
- Fall 2007 RTW Krizia / Diane Von Furstenberg
- Spring 2008 RTW Diane Von Furstenberg
- 2006 Givenchy Fragrance "Ange ou Démon"
- 2007 Spring and Fall RTW KRIZIA collections
- 2013 Ardency Inn (makeup)
- 1999 Season's Beatings (in French: La Bûche) — Danièle Thompson
- 2005 Les Rois maudits (The Accursed Kings) as Philippa of Hainault (Miniseries, France 2) — Josée Dayan
- 2010 Baikonur by Veit Helmer - leading role
- 2013 "Devouring Art" by Rie Rasmussen (Short film, Art & fashion)
- 2014 Yves Saint Laurent by Jalil Lespert
- 2014 "Masque d'Or" by Julien Landais - Leading role - Short movie
- Marie de Villepin in Vs Magazine
- Saunders, Louise (18 January 2013). "Amber Heard and rumoured French girlfriend Marie de Villepin enjoy a cinema date night in Paris... before riding off into the night on a scooter". dailymail.co.uk. London. Retrieved 4 Dec 2013.
- "Les Rois maudits: Casting de la saison 1" (in French). AlloCiné. 2005. Archived from the original on 19 December 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- / Marie de Villepin's profile on Zimbio
- Above Live Video, Marie de Villepin interviewing Angela Lindvall
- Baikonur official website
- / IMG Profile of Marie de Villepin
- Agents Associés Suzy Vatinet / Marie de Villepin
- / Marie de Villepin's French Agency
- Elle.US October 2005
- Marie de Villepin was the Bride at F. Sorbier Couture,F/W 2004