|Full name||Mariela González Torres|
5 April 1974 |
Río Cauto, Granma
|Height||1.58 m (5 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||52 kg (115 lb)|
|Updated on 11 June 2013.|
Mariela González Torres (born 5 April 1974) is a female marathon runner from Cuba, who won the gold medal in the women's marathon at the 2007 Pan American Games. She represented her native country at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece, finishing in 59th place.
She won the 2000 edition of the Havana International Marathon and went on to take the half marathon gold medal at the 2001 Central American and Caribbean Championships in Athletics. She won the Madrid Marathon twice consecutively in 2001 and 2002. She took the silver medal in the marathon at the 2003 Pan American Games, finishing behind Márcia Narloch of Brazil. She set a championship record of 2:36.51 at the second National Cuban Olympics. With the half marathon removed from the programme, she entered the 10,000 metres at the 2005 CAC Championships and was the runner-up behind compatriot Yudelkis Martínez.
- 3000 m: 9:38.8 min (ht) – La Habana, 16 April 1997
- 5000 m: 16:12.63 min – La Habana, 10 March 2002
- 10,000 m: 33:48.33 min – La Habana, 8 March 2002
- Half marathon: 1:14:16 hrs – La Habana, 17 February 2007
- Marathon: 2:36:52 hrs – La Habana, 18 April 2004
|1993||Pan American Junior Championships||Winnipeg, Canada||3rd||10,000 metres||36:12.65 min|
|1999||Pan American Games||Winnipeg, Canada||8th||10,000 m||34:45.94 min|
|2001||Central American and Caribbean Championships||Guatemala City, Guatemala||1st||Half marathon||1:18:33 hrs A|
|World Half Marathon Championships||Bristol, United Kingdom||51st||Half marathon||1:16:24 hrs|
|2003||Pan American Games||Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic||2nd||Marathon||2:42:55 hrs|
|2004||Olympic Games||Athens, Greece||59th||Marathon||3:02:20 hrs|
|2005||ALBA Games||La Habana, Cuba||2nd||Half marathon||1:17:50 min|
|Central American and Caribbean Championships||Nassau, Bahamas||2nd||10,000 m||35:09.62 min|
|2006||Central American and Caribbean Games||Cartagena, Colombia||–||Marathon||DNF|
|2007||ALBA Games||Caracas, Venezuela||1st||Half marathon||1:17:53 hrs|
|Pan American Games||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||1st||Marathon||2:43:11 hrs|
- Biscayart, Eduardo (2007-07-23). Pérez retains 20km Walk title - Pan-American Games, Day One. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-04-29.
- Clavelo Robinson, Javier (2001-11-16). Havana Marathon: another call for world peace. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-04-29.
- Moreno improves Area record to 75.18 in Cuban National Olympics. IAAF (2004-04-26). Retrieved on 2010-04-29.