|Elevation||722 ft (220 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||438606|
Marietta was platted in 1839. A post office was established at Marietta in 1848, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1904. Marietta once contained a high school which was discontinued at an unknown date.
Marietta is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Marietta, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved July 31, 2017.
- Chadwick, Edward H. (1909). Chadwick's History of Shelby County, Indiana. B.F. Bowen. p. 271.
- "Shelby County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 4 December 2015.
- Shelby County, Indiana History & Families. Turner Publishing Company. 1992. p. 57. ISBN 978-1-56311-078-8.
|This Shelby County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|