|Birth name||Marija Šestić|
|Born||5 May 1987|
Banja Luka, SR Bosnia and Herzegovina, SFR Yugoslavia
Marija Šestić (Serbian Cyrillic: Марија Шестић; born 5 May 1987) is a Bosnian-Serb singer and musician. She is most known for representing Bosnia and Herzegovina in the Eurovision Song Contest 2007 in Helsinki, Finland. Performing the song "Rijeka bez imena" ("Nameless river"), Šestić collected a total of 106 points, placing eleventh out of twenty-four entries.
A pianist by trade, Šestić has achieved top results in domestic festivals and also had the chance to be the first artist from the former Yugoslavia to appear on MTV Europe. Marija attempted to reach Eurovision in 2005 and with the song "In This World", she ended up in a respectable fourth place at the national final.
Music festival wins
- Young Talents Festival - Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina - 1st Place three years in a row
- St George's Day Festival - Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina - 3rd Place in 1995, 1st Place in 1996
- "Naša radost" - Podgorica, Montenegro - special award for performance in 1998
- "Zlatno zvonce" - Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia - winner of the first place for performance in 1999
- Banja Luka international pop music festival - Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina - Best Newcomer Award in 2003
- The Golden Star" international festival - Bucharest, Romania - 1st Prize for Performance in 2004
- Banja Luka international pop music festival - Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina - 2nd Place in 2005
- Eurovision Radio International. "Eurovision Live Concert 2015: Interview with Marija Sestic (Bosnia & Herzegovina)". Archived from the original on 2021-12-14 – via YouTube.
- "ZaÅ¡to je DuÅ¡an Å estiÄ‡ najveÄ‡i svetski baksuz meÄ'u kompozitorima". Blic (in Serbian).
- "Bosnia and Herzegovina". nationalanthems.info. 28 May 2012.
- "Dušan Šestić: Tekst himne ćemo dobiti onda kada to budemo istinski željeli". Klix (in Bosnian). Bosnia and Herzegovina. 2015. Retrieved 17 January 2019.
Media related to Marija Šestić at Wikimedia Commons