Mariko Okada in 1962
|Born||January 11, 1933|
|Parent(s)||Tokihiko Okada (father)|
Sonoko Tazuru (mother)
As an adult, Mariko herself was cast by Ozu, appearing for example in Late Autumn (1960). She appeared in Mikio Naruse's Floating Clouds (1955) and Nagareru (1956). She also appeared in Shinji Aoyama's My God, My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? (2005).
- Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto (1954)
- Floating Clouds (1955)
- The Lone Journey (1955)
- Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple (1955)
- Nagareru (1956)
- Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island (1956)
- Yagyu Secret Scrolls (1957)
- Doshaburi (1957)
- Late Autumn (1960)
- An Autumn Afternoon (1962)
- Akitsu Springs (1962)
- A Story Written on Water (1965)
- Illusion of Blood (1965)
- Woman of the Lake (1966)
- Affair in the Snow (1968)
- Eros Plus Massacre (1969)
- Heroic Purgatory (1970)
- Proof of the Man (1977) – Kyoko Yasugi
- The Fall of Ako Castle (1978) – Riku
- Tampopo (1985) – "Spaghetti Sensei", the etiquette coach
- A Taxing Woman (1987)
- The Geisha House (1999)
- Women in the Mirror (2002)
- My God, My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? (2005)
Selected television appearances
- Joyū Okada Mariko (2009)
- 1958: 13th Mainichi Film Awards - Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role for Season of the Demon Girl (悪女の季節 Akujo no Kisetsu)
- 1962: 36th Kinema Junpo Awards - Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role for Love This Year (今年の恋 Kotoshi no Koi) and Kiriko's Fate (霧子の運命 Kiriko no Unmei)
- 1962: 17th Mainichi Film Awards - Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role for Love This Year and Akitsu Springs (秋津温泉 Akitsu Onsen)
- 1998: Golden Glory Award and Platinum Grand Prize, 8th Japan Movie Critics Awards
- Jacoby, Alexander; Amit, Rea (13 December 2010). "Midnight Eye interview: Yoshishige Yoshida". Midnight Eye.
- Bradshaw, Peter (28 January 2010). "Film review: Late Autumn - Film - The Guardian". The Guardian.
- Uhlich, Keith (1 November 2005). "Floating Clouds - Film Review - Slant Magazine". Slant Magazine.
- Uhlich, Keith (2 November 2005). "Flowing - Film Review - Slant Magazine". Slant Magazine.
- Weissberg, Jay (18 May 2005). "Eli, Eli, Lema Sabachtani? - Variety". Variety.
- 楢山節考 第13回(1958年度)毎日映画コンクール（日本映画大賞）受賞 (in Japanese). Mainichi Film Awards. Retrieved 30 January 2009.
- 1962年 キネマ旬報賞 (in Japanese). MovieWalker at Walkerplus.com. Retrieved 30 January 2009.
- 切腹 第17回(1962年度)毎日映画コンクール（日本映画大賞）受賞 (in Japanese). Mainichi Film Awards. Archived from the original on 11 October 2008. Retrieved 30 January 2009.
- "日本映画批評家大賞 JAPAN MOVIE CRITICS AWARD" (in Japanese). Japan Movie Critics Award. Archived from the original on January 15, 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2009.