Marilyn Bailey Ogilvie
|Marilyn Bailey Ogilvie|
Ogilvie in 2007
|Born||1936 (age 80–81)|
|Residence||United States of America|
|Fields||Historian of Science|
|Institutions||University of Oklahoma|
|Alma mater||University of Oklahoma
University of Kansas
Marilyn Bailey Ogilvie (born 22 March 1936) is an American historian of science known especially for her work on the history of women in science. She taught at Oklahoma Baptist University, before becoming curator of the History of Science Collections and professor at the University of Oklahoma. After her retirement in 2008, a fellowship for graduate studies in the History of Science was established in her name.
After working as an associate professor and division chair at Oklahoma Baptist University from 1979 to 1991, Ogilvie returned to the University of Oklahoma as the Curator of the History of Science Collections.
Ogilvie is currently the Emeritus Curator of the History of Science Collections at the University of Oklahoma. She specializes in the history of women in science.
The following is a selection of Ogilvie's publications:
- Ogilvie, Marilyn Bailey (2004). Marie Curie: A Biography. Westport, Conn: Greenwood Press. ISBN 9780313325298.
- Ogilvie, Marilyn Bailey (2000). The Biographical Dictionary of Women in Science: Pioneering Lives from Ancient Times to the mid-20th Century. New York: Routledge. ISBN 9780415920384.
- Ogilvie, Marilyn Bailey (1999). A Dame Full of Vim and Vigor: A Biography of Alice Middleton Boring, Biologist in China. Amsterdam: Harwood Academic. ISBN 9057025752.
- Ogilvie, Marilyn (1986). Women in Science: Antiquity through the Nineteenth Century: A Biographical Dictionary with Annotated Bibliography. Cambridge, Mass: MIT Press. ISBN 9780262150316.
- Livesey, Steven. "Marilyn B. Ogilvie Alumni Graduate Fellowship". Retrieved 27 March 2014.