Marina One in September 2018
|Type||Integrated development: residential, offices, retail|
|Location||Marina South, Downtown Core, Singapore|
|Floor count||Marina One Residences: 34 |
Marina One East Tower and Marina One West Tower: 30
|Design and construction|
UEM Sunrise Berhad (Project manager)
Mapletree Investments (Project manager)
Marina One is a mixed-use development bounded by Marina Way and Straits View in Marina South, Singapore. The area has been earmarked by the Urban Redevelopment Authority to be a vibrant new growth area for residential, commercial and lifestyle activities.
The developer is M+S Pte Ltd, a 60:40 joint venture between Malaysia's investment fund Khazanah Nasional and Singapore's investment company Temasek Holdings. Marina One occupies one of the two land parcels developed as part of a 1990 land swap deal between Malaysia and Singapore. Wholly owned subsidiaries of the two funds - Mapletree Investments and UEM Sunrise Berhad were appointed project managers.
Designed by Christoph Ingenhoven, Marina One covers a total gross floor area of approximately 3.67 million square feet. It includes two 34-storey residential towers, two 30-storey prime grade A office towers and a retail podium named 'The Heart', featuring lush greenery and landscaping by Gustafson Porter and ICN Design. Both were landscape architects behind Singapore's Gardens by the Bay in Marina South.
Marina One was inaugurated on 15 January 2018.
Marina One was designed by Christoph Ingenhoven of Ingenhoven Architects. A Korean consortium of Hyundai Engineering & Construction and GS Engineering and Construction were appointed main contractors for on 5 September 2013.
At the ceremony, the Prime Ministers described the project as “an iconic building” and a “momentous collaboration between Malaysia and Singapore” which would be positioned “in an unprecedented scale on the world map as a new financial centre.”
Members of the M+S Board broke ground on Marina One on 11 July 2012. Speaking at the ceremony, Tan Sri Azman Yahya, chairman of M+S revealed that the development would “define new standards of luxury urban living in Singapore, creating a benchmark for international excellence in design and sustainability” in line with the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA) long-term vision for Marina South as a growth area in establishing a global business and financial hub.
An estimated net floor area of 140,000 square feet retail podium in the centre of Marina One will offer gastronomic and lifestyle options. The centerpiece of The Heart will be a biodiversity garden designed and developed by Kathryn Gustafson of Gustafson Porter + Bowman. The Heart was envisaged by Christoph Ingenhoven as a sanctuary and a green civic space for communities to come together at the heart of Singapore’s CBD. It will feature an array of lush greenery at the centre of the development comprising waterfalls and rooftop gardens.
Marina One will bring to life Singapore’s ‘City in a Garden’ concept with a unique garden ecosystem within the development, providing a sanctuary and green space for communities amid the hustle and bustle of the CBD.
Marina One Residences
Marina One Residences is the residential component of Marina One totalling an estimated 1.23 million square feet and will comprise 1,042 apartment units over two 34-storey residential towers. The units range from one to four bedroom units and penthouses.
Marina One Offices
Marina One Offices will comprise two 30-storey prime Grade A commercial towers, Marina One East Tower and Marina One West Tower, with an estimated net floor area of 1.88 million square feet.
The development also received recognition for its sustainable and environmentally friendly design:
- BCA Green Mark Platinum Rating for Marina One Residences
- BCA Green Mark Platinum Rating for Marina One East Tower and Marina One West Tower
- LEED Platinum pre-certified for Marina One East Tower and Marina One West Tower
Other awards include
- FIABCI-Singapore – Singapore Property Awards 2018 – Winner, Sustainable Development Category
- Singapore Excellence Awards 2018 – Marina One Residences, Top Development Excellence
- MIPIM Awards 2018 – Best Innovative Green Building
- CTBUH Awards 2018 – Award of Excellence, Best Tall Building Asia & Australasia
- LEED Platinum certified – Marina One East and West Tower
- Gold Award for Commercial and Industrial Landscape at the Singapore Landscape Architecture Awards 2019 https://www.sila.org.sg/slaa
- EdgeProp Singapore Excellence Awards 2018 – M+S Pte. Ltd., Top Developer
- Marina Bay MRT station of North South Line, Circle Line and upcoming Thomson-East Coast Line
- Downtown MRT station of Downtown Line
- Official website http://www.marinaone.com.sg
- "Marina Bay Masterplan". Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "$7b project Marina One breaks ground". The Business Times. 12 July 2012.
- "Marina One to be ready by 2017 as a destination that will raise the bar for integrated developments". xinMSN. 20 February 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "'3 reputable contractors' win M+S bids". The Straits Times. 6 September 2013.
- "Marina One - Team". Ingenhoven Architects GmbH. Archived from the original on 2013-10-26.
- "Prime Ministers' joint statement at the Singapore-Malaysia Leaders' Retreat in Singapore on 19 February 2013". Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Singapore and Malaysia PMs unveil model of S$7-billion Marina One project". Yahoo! News. 20 February 2013.
- "New icon to grace Marina South". myPaper. 12 July 2012.
- "Marina One". Ingenhoven Architects. Archived from the original on 30 June 2013. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Marina One design is unveiled". Property Guru. 22 February 2013.
- "Iskandar Development to create a win-win opportunity for Singapore and Malaysia". Lianhe Zaobao. 20 February 2013.
- "M+S' Marina South devt bags three awards". Yahoo! Groups. 28 April 2012.
- "KL-S'pore venture set to launch Marina project". ST Property. 12 July 2012.
- "BCA Greenmark 2013" (PDF). Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "US Green Buildings Council". Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "PM Lee and Najib lend weight to joint projects". The Straits Times. 19 February 2013.
- "LTA - Thomson Line map" (PDF).
- "LTA - Downtown Line map" (PDF).