|Full name||Marina Olegovna Zueva|
|Country represented||Soviet Union|
April 9, 1956 |
Moscow, Soviet Union
|Former partner||Andrei Vitman|
|Former coach||Elena Tchaikovskaia|
Marina Olegovna Zueva (Russian: Марина Олеговна Зуева, also romanized French-style as Zoueva; born April 9, 1956) is a Russian ice dancing coach and choreographer. She coaches and choreographs for the 2014 Olympic champions and two-time (2011, 2013) World champions in ice dancing Meryl Davis / Charlie White as well as Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte. She is the former coach of the 2010 Olympic champions and two-time (2010, 2012) World champions in ice dancing, Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir. Zueva is based in Canton, Michigan.
Zueva competed for the Soviet Union as an ice dancer with partner Andrei Vitman. They won two national bronze medals at the Soviet Championships. They finished fifth at the 1977 European and World Championships. The next season, they were sixth at the 1978 European Championships and seventh at the World Championships.
|Prize of Moscow News||3rd||3rd||3rd|
Coaching and choreography career
Zueva retired from ice dancing at the end of the 1970s to become a choreographer. Her final assignment toward receiving her choreography degree at the National Theatre Institute in Moscow in 1982 was the creation of a routine for Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov. Throughout the 1980s, she continued to choreograph for this elite pair, creating their programs to Moonlight Sonata, Vocalise, and Romeo and Juliet. In 1993, Gordeeva and Grinkov hired Zueva to work with them again on their 1994 Olympics routines, and their collaboration continued until Grinkov's death in late 1995. Zueva then choreographed most of Gordeeva's solo programs through 2000.
Zueva left Russia in 1991 to work as a coach and choreographer in North America. She currently coaches at the Arctic Figure Skating Club in Canton, Michigan as part of the International Skating Academy. In 2001, she began coaching in partnership with Igor Shpilband. On June 3, 2012, she confirmed that they were no longer working together.
Zueva has coached the following skaters:
- Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir
- Tanith Belbin / Benjamin Agosto
- Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte
- Maia Shibutani / Alex Shibutani
- Madison Chock / Greg Zuerlein
- Jana Khokhlova / Fedor Andreev 
- Victoria Sinitsina / Nikita Katsalapov
Zueva is the mother of Fedor Andreev – born March 2, 1982 in Moscow – who competed for Canada as a singles skater and Russia as an ice dancer. She is a naturalized Canadian citizen but works mainly in the United States. Zueva was formerly married to Alexei Tchetverukhin. She holds a master's degree of Physical Science from St. Petersburg University.
- "A Kind of Magic". pairsonice.net. Archived from the original on June 7, 2008. Retrieved 2010-03-02.
- "Russian Coach in Odd Double Celebration". The Moscow Times. February 27, 2010. Retrieved March 2, 2010.
- "U.S. endures ice dance shakeup". Associated Press. ESPN. June 5, 2012.
- Barnas, Jo-Ann (June 3, 2012). "Coach Igor Shpilband fired from position at Canton's Arctic Figure Skating Club". Detroit Free Press. Archived from the original on June 3, 2012.
- Barnas, Jo-Ann (June 4, 2012). "U.S. Figure Skating confirms top American teams to stay in Canton after Shpilband dismissal". Detroit Free Press. Archived from the original on June 5, 2012.
- "Catching up With....Marina Zoueva about Khokhlova and Andreev among other things".
- "Fedor ANDREEV: 2008/2009". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on June 25, 2009.
- "Jana KHOKHLOVA / Fedor ANDREEV". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on April 26, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marina Zueva.|