Marine Terrace MRT station
|Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station|
|Owned by||Land Transport Authority|
|Operated by||SMRT Trains (SMRT Corporation)|
|Previous names||Telok Kurau|
Marine Terrace MRT Station is a future underground Mass Rapid Transit station on the Thomson-East Coast Line at the boundary of Marine Parade and Bedok planning areas, Singapore. Nearby residential areas such as Marine Terrace and Telok Kurau will be served.
The station took its name from Marine Terrace, a road as well as the residential estate within the proximity.
On 15 August 2014, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced that Marine Terrace station would be part of the proposed Thomson East-Coast line (TEL). The station will be constructed as part of Phase 4, consisting of 8 stations between Founders' Memorial and Bayshore, and is expected to be completed in 2023.
Contract T308 for the design and construction of Marine Terrace Station and 1.78 kilometres (1.11 mi) of associated tunnels was awarded to Ssangyong Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd. – Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd. Joint Venture at a sum of S$361 million on January 2016. Construction started in 2016, with expected completion in 2023.
- "LTA | News Room | News Releases | Finalised Station Names for Thomson-East Coast Line (East Coast Stretch) and Downtown Line 3 Extension". www.lta.gov.sg. Archived from the original on 22 April 2020. Retrieved 22 April 2020.
- "Stages of Thomson-East Coast Line". www.lta.gov.sg. Land Transport Authority. 15 August 2014. Archived from the original on 17 August 2014. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Joint News Release by the Land Transport Authority & Singapore Land Authority - Thomson-East Coast Line: New MRT Links in the East | Press Room | Land Transport Authority". www.lta.gov.sg. 19 August 2014. Archived from the original on 19 August 2014. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- "LTA | Upcoming Projects | Rail Expansion | Thomson-East Coast Line". 13 February 2020. Archived from the original on 13 February 2020. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- "LTA | News Room | News Releases | LTA Awards Three Contracts for Thomson-East Coast Line's Tanjong Rhu, Katong Park and Marine Terrace Stations". www.lta.gov.sg. 13 February 2020. Archived from the original on 13 February 2020. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- "Ssangyong Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd. (SSYENC)". SSYENC (in Korean). 25 September 2020. Archived from the original on 14 November 2020. Retrieved 14 November 2020.
- "Ssangyong E&C Wins 300 Billion Won Subway Deal in Singapore". BusinessKorea. 27 January 2016. Archived from the original on 14 November 2020. Retrieved 14 November 2020.
- Media related to Marine Terrace MRT Station at Wikimedia Commons