Maringá Regional Airport
|Sílvio Name Júnior Regional Airport
Aeroporto Regional Sílvio Name Júnior
|Operator||Terminais Aéreos de Maringá – SBMG S.A.
|Elevation AMSL||545 m / 1,788 ft|
Sílvio Name Júnior Regional Airport (IATA: MGF, ICAO: SBMG), is the airport serving Maringá, Brazil. It is named after Sílvio Name Júnior (1967-2000), a local businessman and politician who died on an air crash.
It is operated by Terminais Aéreos de Maringá – SBMG, a semi-independent Transportation Authority of Maringá, indirectly related to the Municipality of Maringá, and under the supervision of Aeroportos do Paraná (SEIL).
The airport serves an area composed of the city of Maringá and neighboring communities, with a total number of 2 million inhabitants. The new terminal was built between October, 1994 and September 16, 2000. It began operating on April 25, 2001.
The airport is very modern and the runway of the airport is capable to handle major regional and domestic flights. Its terminal is designed to handle more than 430,000 passengers per year.
The airport has service with over 120 parking places.
Airlines and destinations
|Azul Brazilian Airlines||Campinas, Curitiba|
|Gol Airlines||Curitiba, São Paulo-Congonhas, São Paulo-Guarulhos|
The airport is located 12 km (7 mi) from downtown Maringá.
- "SEIL Statistics for Transported Passengers at the Airport" (PDF) (in Portuguese). SEIL. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "SEIL Statistics for Aircraft Operations at the Airport" (PDF) (in Portuguese). SEIL. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "Airport Official Website" (in Portuguese). SEIL.
- "Lista de aeródromos públicos" (in Portuguese). ANAC.
- Scolese, Eduardo (December 17, 2000). "Vítima de acidente com bimotor era candidato a prefeito em Maringá" (in Portuguese). Folha.com. Retrieved October 6, 2010.
- Airport information for SBMG at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SBMG at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for SBMG at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for MGF at Aviation Safety Network
- Sílvio Name Júnior Regional Airport Photo Archive at airliners.net