Mario Butler (American football)
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||October 20, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Jacksonville, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||184 lb (83 kg)|
|High school:||Ponte Vedra (FL) Nease|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
He received a number of accolades in his final year of high school which include:
- No. 34 cornerback in the nation by Rivals.com
- No. 62 overall prospect in Florida by Scout.com
- No. 73 overall prospect in Florida by SuperPrep.com
- No. 76 overall prospect in Florida by Rivals.com
- Orlando Sentinel's Top 100 in Florida
He accepted a football scholarship from the Georgia Institute of Technology, where he obtained his degree in management. He was a three-year starter, appearing in 51 games (39 starts), while registering 136 tackles, 4 interceptions and 12 passes defensed in his career
Butler signed as an undrafted free agent with the Dallas Cowboys after the 2011 NFL draft. He was waived on September 3 and later signed to the practice squad. On January 3, 2012, he was promoted to the active roster.
On September 2, 2016, Butler was released by the Bills as part of final roster cuts.
Butler is the son of Lisa Lockwood and Jeffrey Butler.
- Mendez, Carlos (26 July 2011). "Texas Tech's Lyle Leong Jr. could catch on as Cowboys' No. 3 receiver". Fort Worth Star Telegram. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Korfhage, Stuart (27 July 2011). "Nease grad Mario Butler signs deal with America's team". St. Augustine Record. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Cowboys begin the free agency period
- "Player Bio: Mario Butler- Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site". Georgia Tech Official Athletic SIte. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- Jackson, Zac (January 4, 2016). "Bills extend four, sign seven to futures contracts". NBCSports.com. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- Brown, Chris. "Vets Felton and Lawson headline Bills cut to 53". BuffaloBills.com.