February 13, 1933|
|Died||September 20, 2015(aged 82)|
|Occupation||Film director, producer, screenwriter, art director|
|Years active||1954 - 2002|
Born in Rome, he has directed for nearly 50 films since 1961 and 27 films and TV scripts since 1954.
He is known for his work on horror films. Caiano directed (as Allen Grünewald) and wrote the script for Nightmare Castle (Amanti d'oltretomba, 1965), which stars Barbara Steele. Eye in the Labyrinth (1972) is a later film in the genre that he directed.
- Ulysses Against the Son of Hercules (1962)
- Duello nel Texas (1963)
- Goliath and the Rebel Slave (1963)
- Bullets Don't Argue (1964)
- The Two Gladiators (1964)
- The Terror of Rome Against the Son of Hercules (1964)
- Nightmare Castle (1965)
- Erik, the Viking (1965)
- A Coffin for the Sheriff (1965)
- Ringo the Lone Rider (1968)
- Eye in the Labyrinth (1972)
- My Name Is Shanghai Joe (1973)
- Bloody Payroll (1976)
- Nazi Love Camp 27 (1977)
- La malavita attacca... la polizia risponde! (1977)
- Napoli spara! (1977)
- "Mario Caiano". Corazzata Potemkin.
|This article about an Italian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|