Chiarini in Rimini Baseball colors
|T&A San Marino – No. 45|
January 7, 1981 |
|1997, for the Rimini Baseball|
|2010 Chinese Taipei||Team|
|European Baseball Championship|
|2014 Czech Republic and Germany||Team|
Mario Chiarini was 16 years old in his senior debut, in 1997, for his hometown team Rimini Baseball.
Chiarini played for the Arizona League Mariners in 2000.
Back to club
After his stint with Mariners, Chiarini continued his career in Rimini from 2001 to 2015. With Rimini he won 3 Italian championships, and 2 national cups. Chiarini currently plays for the T&A San Marino.
Mario Chiarini has played for Italy national baseball team since 2002. He made the roster for the World Baseball Classic for the first time in 2009. He also represented his country in the 2013 edition.
At the 2009 World Baseball Classic, Chiarini made a spectacular diving catch to rob Bobby Abreu of an RBI. In the process of doing so, Chiarini suffered an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction: Mario's belt split in half.
As a member of national team, he won two European Baseball Championships, in 2010 and in 2012. He missed the 2016 edition because of an injury, to which manager Mazzieri said to be "strange to coach the team without him for the first time".
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- "Olympics". sports-reference. Retrieved 19 July 2012.
- "European Championship Seniors '10 ITALY Team Roster". Archived from the original on 2014-02-01. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "Scelti i 24 azzurri per l'Europeo". Federazione Italiana Baseball Softball. 04-09-2012. Archived from the original on 2014-02-01. Check date values in:
- "FIBS Twitter". Retrieved 2016-12-16.
|This biographical article relating to an Italian baseball figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|