|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
Mario Jeckle (25 August 1974 – 11 June 2004) was a German computer scientist.
From 1997 to 2003, Jeckle attended the University of Applied Science in Augsburg. In 1998, he received his computer science degree for his thesis (paper) "Prozeßkettenmodellierung am Beispiel der Gießwerkzeugentwicklung und prototypische Implementierung auf Basis des EDM/PDM – Systems Metaphase" (An example of process chain modelling in casting tool development and prototype implementation on basis of the EDM/PDM – Systems Metaphase). At Augsburg, he taught Java, Java Threads, XML and software engineering.
Jeckle was also a W3C and OMG representative of DaimlerChrysler Research and developed technical standards for XML, UML 2.0, and others. At the beginning of 2004, he was a member of the Technical Architecture Group of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Jeckle was also an author of books and a well-known speaker at conferences and seminars (information groups).
Jeckle was a member of the International Red Cross. On 11 June 2004, he died while giving aid to others who had a car accident on a German highway. While helping, Jeckle and a second man were hit by another driver who lost control.
- Associate Editor of International Journal of Web Services Research
- Associate Editor of International Journal on Web Services
- Chairman of the mailinglist of GOOAL.net
- Editor of W3C-Dokuments Composite Capability/Preference Profiles (CC/PP): Processing and Protocol Requirements 1.0
- Executive committee member of the IEEE Technical Community for Services Computing
- DaimlerChrysler Research member of the Advisory Committee of the World Wide Web Consortia (W3C)
- Headleader of the Masters of System Architekture in Furtwangen.
- Member of the Device Independence Working Group (W3C)
- Member of the Technical Architecture Group (W3C)
- Member of the Web Service Architecture Working Group (W3C)
- Member of the Editorial Boards of the International Journal of Grid and Utility Computing
- Member of the Advisory Board of the International Journal on Cases on Electronic Commerce
- Member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal for Infonomics
- Member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal of IT Standards & Standardization Research
- Member of the Advisory Board of the magazine Java Spektrum
- Member of the German Architect Board of ASQF
- Member of the IBM Developer Works Research Panel
- Member of the Java Community Process
- Member of the Technical Advisory Board of Gentleware AG
- private Homepage of Mario Jeckle (in German)
- Informatikpreis 1998 (in German)
- Tim Berners-Lee on the death of Mario Jeckle (W3C)
- In Memoriam: Mario Jeckle (W3C)