October 3, 1961|
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Notable works and roles||
The Chris Rock Show |
Everybody Hates Chris
Where Did I Put Those Bits
Mario Joyner (born October 3, 1961) is an American stand-up comedian best known as the host of MTV's Half Hour Comedy Hour from 1988–1992. He is a longtime friend and collaborator of comedians Chris Rock and Jerry Seinfeld. He appeared regularly on The Chris Rock Show and Everybody Hates Chris. He also guest starred in the Seinfeld episodes "The Engagement" and "The Puerto Rican Day," playing two different characters, and voiced the character Jackson in the film Bee Movie. He has opened on national tours for Chris Rock (during his "No Apologies" tour) and for Jerry Seinfeld.
He was born on October 3, 1961 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
During the October 12, 2010, episode of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, in an interview with Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA), Stewart credited Joyner with the joke: "Sort of in the way that murderers get sometimes, like, 'I found Jesus and I'm OK now.' 'Well, when did you find Jesus?' 'Right after you found me.'"
- Three Men and a Baby (1987) - Cab Driver
- Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. (1990) - Hole in the Head Thug
- Hangin' with the Homeboys (1991) - Tom McNeal
- The Chris Rock Show (1997, TV Series) - Dr. Leonard Laxalt / Dr. Peter Johnson / Professor Thad Taylor / Rev. Benjamin Thomas / Coleman Brooks
- Down to Earth (2001) - Apollo M.C.
- Pootie Tang (2001) - Lacey
- Head of State (2003) - Lotto Man
- Carolina (2003) - Stage Manager
- Bee Movie (2007) - Jackson (voice)
- Everybody Hates Chris (2006-2008, TV Series) - Dr. Information / African Expert / Dr. Williams
- Just Go with It (2011) - Henderson
- Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (2011) - Claudio