August 25, 1993 |
North Pole, Alaska
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Iowa Wild (AHL)
|NHL Draft||60th overall, 2011
Mario Paul Lucia (born August 25, 1993) is an American professional ice hockey Forward who currently plays for the Iowa Wild in the American Hockey League (AHL) as a prospect to the Minnesota Wild of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was drafted by the Wild with the 60th pick of the 2011 NHL Draft.
Lucia played high school hockey for Wayzata High School in the MSHSL. He only participated in his sophomore and junior years in high school and scored 87 points in 49 games. Lucia then went on to play junior hockey for Penticton Vees in the BCHL during his senior year of high school (2011-2012 season). He has also played for the U.S. National Development Team in the USHL.
In October 2011, Lucia committed to the University of Notre Dame. On August 29, 2012, Lucia suffered a broken leg in preseason drills. The injury forced Lucia to miss the first nine games of the season. He made his collegiate debut on November 15, 2012 and he scored his first collegiate goal on November 16, 2012, against the University of Michigan.
On March 27, 2016, at the conclusion of his senior year with the Fighting Irish, Lucia agreed to a two-year entry-level contract with the Minnesota Wild. He was immediately assigned to AHL affiliate, the Iowa Wild, on an amateur try-out to make his professional debut in the closing stages of the 2015–16 season.
He was raised in Plymouth, Minnesota and is the son of Minnesota Golden Gophers men's ice hockey coach Don Lucia. He is also the younger brother of the AHL's Worcester Sharks forward Tony Lucia. Throughout his collegiate career his roommate was Owen Smith.
Regular season and playoffs
|2010–11||U.S. National Development Team||USHL||6||3||0||3||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|Representing United States|
|World Junior Championships|
|World Junior A Challenge|
Awards and honors
|All-CCHA Rookie Team||2012–13|
- Morreale, Mike (June 25, 2011). "Minnesota's Lucia drafted by Wild". FoxNews. Retrieved July 7, 2011.
- "Lucia picks Notre Dame". Minnesota Hockey Hub - MN Boys High School Hockey.
- "Wild prospect Lucia breaks leg, out 3 months". NHL.com.
- "Irish Host North Dakota In Thanksgiving Weekend Series". University of Notre Dame.
- "Wild signs Mario Lucia". Minnesota Wild. 2016-03-27. Retrieved 2016-03-27.
- "First Round Bust: 2011 NHL Draft Profiles: Mario Lucia". firstroundbust.com.
- "Don and Mario Lucia: All In The Family Not Always All In The Family". und.com.
- Mario Lucia career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Mario Lucia career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|