He was born in Naples. A member of the Italian Instabile Orchestra, Schiano recorded with musicians such as Famoudou Don Moye, Eugenio Colombo, Ernst Reijseger, Paul Rutherford, Gianluigi Trovesi and Joëlle Léandre, among others.
He died in Rome in 2008.
- Sud (1973)
- On the Waiting List (1973)
- De Dé (1977)
- Out of Date (1984)
- Redland Blue (1988)
- Benefit Concert to Repurchase the Pendulum for Mr. Foucault (1989)
- Unlike (1990)
- Uncaged (1991, with Don Moye)
- And So On (1992, with Ernst Reijseger
- Original Sins: Unreleased, 1967–1970 (1992)
- Tracks (1993)
- Blue Memories (with Joëlle Léandre)
- Meetings (1994)
- She Was Sitting in the First Row (1994)
- Used to Be Friends (1995)
- Social Security (Live, 1996)
- Friendship of Walnuts (1996)
- (To Be Continued...) (1998)
- Trio di Napoli (1998)
- Fluxus: Instant Soundtrack for a Silent Movie (1999)
- My Funny Valentine (1999, Vocals)
- Supposing That (2002)
- Mario Schiano & His All Stars (2007)
- Italian Instabile Orchestra (1991). Live in Noci and Rive-De Gier. Leo.
- Italian Instabile Orchestra (1994). Skies of Europe. ECM.
- Italian Instabile Orchestra (1997). European Concerts '94-'97. Nel Jazz.
- Trio Di Napoli (1998). Trio Di Napoli. Discoteca Di Stato. w/ Elio Martusciello and Maurizio Martuscielo
- Mario Schiano; Giancarlo Schiaffini; Bruno Tommaso; Sebi Tramontana (2002). Free Jazz at the Philharmonic. Splasc(h).
- Italian Instabile Orchestra (2002). Previsioni del Tempo: Forecast. Imprint.
- Italian Instabile Orchestra; Cecil Taylor (2004). The Owner of the Riverbank. Enja/Justin Time.
|This article about an Italian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a jazz saxophonist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|