October 24, 1971 |
|Residence||New York City, U.S|
|Notable work||Obession by Kate Moss
Sorrenti was born in Naples, Italy, and moved to New York City at the age of ten where he is still based. He is the son of New York-based creative director, fashion photographer in the 90s Francesca Sorrenti. He is the older brother of fashion photographer Davide Sorrenti, who died from a heroin overdose in February 1997.
Sorrenti has had exhibitions in London (Victoria and Albert Museum), Paris, Monaco and New York City (Museum of Modern Art). He has undertaken campaigns and directed commercials for Calvin Klein, and has shot Kate Moss for the Calvin Klein Obsession ads. Sorrenti met Moss whilst working on an early 'Levis for Girls' campaign for The Design Corporation and Levi's. He has also worked for Lancôme, Paco Rabanne, Benetton and Pirelli Calendar 2012. He is currently signed exclusively with the agency Art Partner.
Sorrenti is responsible for the photographs on several music releases, most notably Shakira's Fijación Oral Vol. 1, as well as R&B artist Maxwell's album Embrya and a solo album by John Taylor of Duran Duran. His first musical project was the photography for rock group Del Amitri's 1995 album, Twisted, and its associated single releases.
- The Machine, Steidl and Editions Garibaldi, Göttingen and Paris 2004, at Steidl ISBN 3-88243-793-6. A photographic study of Davide Sorrenti, his younger brother and fashion photographer, who died in 1997 from a drug overdose.
- Draw Blood for Proof, Mario Sorrenti, Steidl, Göttingen 2011, ISBN 978-3-86930-303-1.
- Zarrella, Katharine. "Mario Sorrenti on Pirelli". Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- Les principales œuvres de Mario Sorrenti
- Mario Sorrenti photography @ Design Scene - The #1 Fashion, Style & Design blog[permanent dead link]
- Artpartner sample images
- Portfolio of photographs
|This article about an American photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|