12 February 1949
Marseille, Bouches-du-Rhône, France
|Died||8 June 2020 (aged 71)|
|Occupation(s)||Film director, film producer, screenwriter, actress|
Marion Hänsel (née Ackermann; 12 February 1949 – 8 June 2020) was a French-born Belgian film director, producer, actress and screenwriter. Her film Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea was entered into the 1995 Cannes Film Festival.
Hänsel was posthumously awarded an Honorary Magritte Award at the 11th Magritte Awards.
- Palaver (1969)
- Le Lit (1982)
- Dust (1985)
- The Cruel Embrace (1987)
- Il Maestro (1990)
- Between Heaven and Earth (1992)
- Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (1995)
- The Quarry (1998)
- Hell (2005)
- Sounds of Sand (2006)
- Noir océan (2010)
- La Tendresse (2013)
- En amont du fleuve (2016)
- ^ La cinéaste belge Marion Hänsel est décédée (in French)
- ^ "Festival de Cannes: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea". festival-cannes.com. Archived from the original on 20 August 2011. Retrieved 2 September 2009.
- ^ Goodfellow, Melanie (13 February 2022). "'Playground', 'Madly In Life' top Belgium's Magritte Awards". Screen Daily. Retrieved 13 February 2022.