Marion School District (Arkansas)
|Marion School District|
|200 Manor Street
Marion, Arkansas 72364
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||258.75 (on FTE basis)|
|Staff||563.75 (on FTE basis)|
|Athletic conference||7A/6A East (2012–14)|
Marion School District is a public school district based in Marion, Arkansas, United States. The school district provides early childhood, elementary and secondary education for more than 4,300 kindergarten through grade 12 students at its six facilities at Marion and West Memphis in Crittenden County, Arkansas.
In November 2012, educator Alexia T. Weimer of Avondale Elementary School was recognized by Governor Mike Beebe as the 2013 Arkansas Teacher of the Year, as part of the National Teacher of the Year program.
- Marion High School—serving approximately 900 students in grades 10 through 12.
- Marion Junior High School—serving approximately 700 students in grades 8 and 9.
- Marion Middle School—serving approximately 640 students in grades 6 and 7.
- Marion Intermediate School—serving approximately 675 students in grades 4 and 5.
- Marion Elementary School—serving approximately 625 students in grades 2 and 3.
- Avondale Elementary School (West Memphis)—serving approximately 750 students in kindergarten and grade 1
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Marion School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "Institution Summary, Marion School District". AdvancED. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "2013 Arkansas Teacher of the Year" (PDF). Arkansas Department of Education. 26 November 2012. Retrieved 27 November 2012.