Marion Township, Clinton County, Ohio
|Marion Township, Clinton County, Ohio|
Fields in the township, with Blanchester at right
Location of Marion Township in Clinton County
|• Total||25.5 sq mi (66.0 km2)|
|• Land||25.3 sq mi (65.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||958 ft (292 m)|
|• Density||213/sq mi (82.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085882|
Marion Township is one of the thirteen townships of Clinton County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 5,394 people living in the township, 1,151 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions.
Located in the southwest corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Vernon Township - north
- Washington Township - northeast
- Jefferson Township - east
- Perry Township, Brown County - south
- Wayne Township, Clermont County - southwest
- Harlan Township, Warren County - west
The entire township lies in the Virginia Military District.
Most of the village of Blanchester is located in western Marion Township.
Name and history
Marion Township was established in 1830.
Historic population figures
|Year||Marion Township||Blanchester Village|
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- Clinton County Historical Society. Clinton County, Ohio, 1982. Wilmington, Ohio: The Society, 1982.
- Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 6th ed. Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme, 2001. ISBN 0-89933-281-1
- Ohio. Secretary of State. The Ohio municipal and township roster, 2002-2003. Columbus, Ohio: The Secretary, 2003.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Marion township, Clinton County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 22, 2015.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Remainder of Marion township, Marion township, Clinton County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 22, 2015.
- Brown, Albert J. (1915). History of Clinton County, Ohio: Its People, Industries, and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 286.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.