Marion Township, Lawrence County, Indiana
Intersection of U.S. 50 and State Road 37 from the Speedway gas station in Marion Township
Location in Lawrence County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||66.82 sq mi (173.1 km2)|
|• Land||66.34 sq mi (171.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.48 sq mi (1.2 km2) 0.72%|
|Elevation||673 ft (205 m)|
|• Density||142.4/sq mi (55.0/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47421, 47446, 47452|
|GNIS feature ID||0453609|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 66.82 square miles (173.1 km2), of which 66.34 square miles (171.8 km2) (or 99.28%) is land and 0.48 square miles (1.2 km2) (or 0.72%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Hartleyville at
- Rabbitville at
- Redding at
- Spring Mill Village at
- Tarry Park at
- Woodville at
- Yockey at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these thirteen cemeteries: Bass, Burton, Connelly, Crest Haven, Erwin, Freedom, Hall, Hamer, Isom, Knott, Red Cross, Sheeks and Thomason.
- Sheeks Lake
- Mitchell Community Schools
- Indiana's 9th congressional district
- State House District 62
- State House District 65
- State Senate District 44
- "Marion Township, Lawrence County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Lawrence and Monroe Counties, Indiana: Their People, Industries, and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. 1914. p. 36.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Marion Township
||Indian Creek Township||Shawswick Township|
|Spice Valley Township||Bono Township
|Orangeville Township, Orange County||Orleans Township, Orange County|