Marion Township, Noble County, Ohio
|Marion Township, Noble County, Ohio|
Home of Samuel Danford, a Marion Township pioneer
Location of Marion Township in Noble County
|• Total||24.3 sq mi (62.9 km2)|
|• Land||24.3 sq mi (62.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,079 ft (329 m)|
|• Density||30.1/sq mi (11.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086747|
Marion Township is one of the fifteen townships of Noble County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 730 people in the township, 434 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Wayne Township - north
- Beaver Township - northeast
- Seneca Township, Monroe County - east
- Franklin Township, Monroe County - southeast corner
- Stock Township - south
- Center Township - west
- Seneca Township - northwest
The village of Summerfield, the second largest village in Noble County, is located in southwestern Marion Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Noble County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.