Marion Township, Owen County, Indiana
Location in Owen County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.94 sq mi (93.1 km2)|
|• Land||35.87 sq mi (92.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.19%|
|Elevation||692 ft (211 m)|
|• Density||25.5/sq mi (9.8/km2)|
47427, 47431, 47455, 47460, 47833, 47841
|GNIS feature ID||453610|
Marion Township was founded in 1835.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.94 square miles (93.1 km2), of which 35.87 square miles (92.9 km2) (or 99.81%) is land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) (or 0.19%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these eight cemeteries: Burger Cemetery, Humble Cemetery (a Indiana Pioneer Cemetery,) Marion Cemetery, Mast Cemetery, Rea Cemetery, Red Brush Cemetery, Stephens Cemetery and Steubenville Cemetery.
- Spencer-Owen Community Schools
- US House District 8th
- State House District 46
- State Senate District 39
- "Marion Township, Owen County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 737.