Marion and McPherson Railroad
In 1879, a rail line was built from Florence to McPherson. In 1880, it was extended to Lyons, in 1881 it was extended to Ellinwood. In 1901, the line was leased and operated by the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway, which used the name "Florence & Ellinwood Division" for it.
The line from Florence to Marion was abandoned in 1969. In 1992, the line from Marion to McPherson was sold to Central Kansas Railway. In 1993, after heavy flood damage, the line from Marion to McPherson was abandoned. In 2001, the railway from Lyons to 3 miles (5 kilometers) west of Conway was abandoned. In 2001, Kansas and Oklahoma Railroad (K&O) took over operations of Central Kansas Railway.
- Ellinwood to Lyons,
- 3 mi (5 km) west of Conway to 3 mi (5 km) east of McPherson.
- Florence, El Dorado, and Walnut Valley Railroad, a defunct railroad that started in Florence
- List of Kansas railroads
- Stouffer's Railroad Map of Kansas; J.W. Stouffer; 1 page; 1915-1918.
- Standard Atlas of Marion County Kansas; Geo A. Ogle & Co; 99 pages; 1921.
- Standard Atlas of McPherson County, Kansas; Geo. A. Ogle & Co; 82 pages; 1921.
- Standard Atlas of Rice County, Kansas; Geo. A. Ogle & Co; 75 pages; 1919.
- Atlas and Plat Book of Barton County, Kansas; Kenyon Co; 55 pages; 1916.
- Marion County Kansas : Past and Present; Sondra Van Meter; MB Publishing House; LCCN 72-92041; 344 pages; 1972.
- Railroad history for Lyons, Kansas; Frisco blog; December 2007.
- Fourth Annual Report of the Board of Railroad Commissioners for the Year Ending December 1, 1886 in State of Kansas; Kansas Publishing House; 1886.
- Florence & Ellinwood Division in Kansas: A Cyclopedia of State History; Standard Publishing Co; 805 pages; 1912.
- Railway Abandonment 1968
- Would Abandon Short Rail Line, page 1; Peabody Gazette-Herald; 10 pages; November 21, 1968.
- Santa Fe to Abandon Line?, page 10; Peabody Gazette-Herald; 13 pages; December 25, 1969.
- Central Kansas Railroad plans to stop service in 5 counties; The Associated Press; November 22, 2000.
- Kansas-Oklahoma railroad rich in orders; Knight Ridder Newspapers; July 5, 2001.
- Kansas & Oklahoma Railroad KO #380; Union Pacific.
- Kansas Railroad Map; KDOT.
- Kansas and Oklahoma Railroad Map Archived 2009-05-06 at the Wayback Machine.