|Born||August 1, 1986|
|Origin||Elizabeth, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Genres||Punk rock, indie rock|
|Labels||Don Giovanni Records|
|Associated acts||Screaming Females, Noun, Garbage, Bad Canoes|
Marissa Paternoster (born August 1, 1986) is an artist, singer and guitarist active in New Jersey's New Brunswick music scene. She is the singer and guitarist in the bands Screaming Females and Noun.
Paternoster's mother and father met while both teachers for the Elizabeth Public Schools. Her mother, Leslie Okun, was an art teacher who now resides in Florida. Her father, Angelo Paternoster, taught her how to play guitar. Paternoster grew up in Elizabeth, New Jersey and attended Roselle Catholic High School and later Rutgers University's Mason Gross School of the Arts, where she became interested in music and formed Screaming Females.
- "Excess Bravado". NYMag.com.
- "Screaming Females frontwoman goes solo as Noun – releasing an LP (MP3), playing Don Giovanni shows (dates)". BrooklynVegan.
- Oshinsky, Matthew (5 October 2009). "Screaming Females and New Brunswick's Punk Scene". NJ.com.
- Schroeder, Audra. "A Brief Conversation With Screaming Females' Marissa Paternoster", Dallas Observer, May 2, 2012. Accessed December 13, 2015 "[Q]Where did you grow up? [A] I grew up in Elizabeth, New Jersey, with Mike."
- Stewart, Allison (23 January 2014). "That the shredder is a she needs no apology". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Visual Arts alum finds success in rock band Screaming Females". Mason Gross School of the Arts Website. May 2012. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "SPIN's 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time". SPIN magazine. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Queer Ear: The Hills are Alive..." The Advocate. 23 February 2015.
|This United States musical biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|