This biography of a living person includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full professor at the University of Padua|
|Education||University of Padua, Italy|
Maristella Agosti started the Information Management System (IMS) research group in 1987, which she still leads today.
Maristella Agosti's research interests cover information retrieval, user engagement, databases, digital cultural heritage and data engineering. In 1990 she started the European Summer School in Information Retrieval (ESSIR). With Costantino Thanos and other experts she started the Italian Research Conference on Digital Library Systems (IRCDL). She has been Chair of the Steering Committee of the International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries (TPDL); member of the Editorial board of the International Journal on Digital Libraries; member of the Editorial board of Information Processing and Management, the Computer Journal and the Information Retrieval Journal.
During her career she has published widely on the arguments of information retrieval, data annotations, access to digital culturar heritage collections, hypertext information retrieval, user engagement, digital libraries, data engineering, digital archives. In 2016 she won the Tony Kent Strix award for her work in many aspects of information retrieval and digital libraries.
- "Maristella Agosti, Professor, Unipd". Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "IMS". IMS Research Group, University of Padua, Italy. Retrieved 12 April 2019.
- "IRCDL". IRCDL Home: Italian Research Conference on Digital Libraries. Retrieved 12 April 2019.
- "TPDL". Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries. Retrieved 12 April 2019.
- "Maristella Agosti is winner of the Tony Kent Strix award". Maristella Agosti is winner of the Tony Kent Strix award. Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "2016 Strix Award Winner". Retrieved 2 April 2019.