Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Marius in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Marius may refer to:
- Marius (name), a male given name, a Roman clan name and family name, and a modern surname
- Gaius Marius (157–86 BC), Roman general and statesman
- Gaius Marius the Younger (110-82 BC), his son, also a general and statesman
- Simon Marius (1573-1625), a German astronomer, known for independently discovering and naming the four major moons of Jupiter.
- Other men from the Roman gens Maria
- Marcus Aurelius Marius, emperor of the Gallic Empire in c. 269 AD
- Marius Pontmercy, a fictional character in Victor Hugo's novel Les Misérables
- Marius (crater), on the Moon
- Marius Hills, on the Moon
- Marius (film), a 1931 French film directed by Alexander Korda and written by Marcel Pagnol
- "Marius" (Anderson), a science fiction story by Poul Anderson
- Măriuș, a village in Valea Vinului commune, Satu Mare County, Romania
- Marius (giraffe), a giraffe that drew controversy against the Copenhagen Zoo for being put down in early 2014.
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Marius.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.