Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings Historic State Park
Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings House
View of the Kinnan Rawlings home
|Location||Cross Creek, Alachua County, Florida|
|NRHP Reference #||70000176|
|Added to NRHP||September 29, 1970|
|Designated NHL||September 20, 2006|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings Historic State Park.|
Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings Historic State Park is a Florida State Park and historic site located on the former homestead of Florida author Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings. It is located in Cross Creek, Florida, between Ocala and Gainesville at 18700 South County Road 325.
Activities include hiking and hourly tours Thursday through Sunday, at 10 a.m. 11 a.m. and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., except in August and September. Amenities include two short hiking trails and park employees that bring 1930s rural Florida to life with period clothing and stories. In addition, guests are invited to pick and sample oranges from the many trees within the property.
Florida state parks are open between 8 a.m. and sundown every day of the year (including holidays). The cost is $3 per car to enter the park.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings House". Florida Heritage Tourism Interactive Catalog. Florida's Office of Cultural and Historical Programs. 2007-09-22.
- Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings House and Farm Yard at National Historic Landmarks Program
- Official website
- Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings State Historic Site at Wildernet
- Alachua County listings at Florida's Office of Cultural and Historical Programs
- Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings Historic State Park at Historic Homes of Greater Gainesville
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) No. FL-165, "Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings House, State Route 325 Vicinity, Cross Creek, Alachua County, FL", 6 photos, 6 data pages, 1 photo caption page