|Born||25 December 1951
Newcastle, New South Wales
|Parent(s)||Laurie Aarons, Carole Arkistall|
He is the son of the late Laurie Aarons, former secretary of the Communist Party of Australia. Mark Aarons was a member of the Communist Party of Australia from 1969 to 1978, and a Young Communist organiser in 1977.
Mark Aarons' activism started at North Sydney Boys High School in the mid-1960s especially in organising students to protest the Vietnam War. His 1986 ABC radio documentary series ‘Nazis in Australia’ prompted the Hawke government’s inquiry into war criminals and formation of Special Investigations Unit.
- The Family File, Melbourne: Black Inc., 2010.
- War Criminals Welcome: Australia, a Sanctuary for War Criminals Since 1945, Melbourne: Black Inc., 2001
- The Secret War Against the Jews: How Western Espionage Betrayed the Jewish People, with John Loftus, St. Martin's Press, 1994, ISBN 978-0-312-15648-0
- Ratlines: How the Vatican's Nazi Networks Betrayed Western Intelligence to the Soviets, with John Loftus, William Heinemann, 1991 (US edition: Unholy Trinity: How the Vatican's Nazi Networks Betrayed Western Intelligence to the Soviets, with John Loftus, New York: St. Martin's Press, 1992). 372 pages.
- Aarons, Mark (March 2009). "The Nation Reviewed: Hideout". The Monthly. 43: 14–16.
- Aarons, Mark (August 2010). "The Hollowmen". The Monthly. 59: 22–27.
- Dynasties: Mark Aarons. Retrieved on 28 April 2011
- NSBHS HSC 1969
- Excerpt from page 104 of A History of the Democratic Socialist Party and the Resistance, Volume I by John Percy: “........... Alan Tomlinson, one of the more conservative students in HSSAWV, who went to the same school as Mark Aarons, North Sydney Boys High, and .......” (This is accessible on internet)
- Dynasties – program on Aarons and his family history broadcast in January 2006
|This article about an Australian writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Australian journalist biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|