Mark Allen (software developer)
Mark Allen is a software engineer, game programmer and game designer. As a student at the University of California, San Diego, Allen used UCSD Pascal to develop a 6502 interpreter for the Pascal language in 1978, along with Richard Gleaves. This work later became the basis for Apple Pascal in 1979.
Later, Allen developed a number of well-received computer games for the Apple II, including Stellar Invaders, Sabotage and Pest Patrol. Sabotage, In particular, became a classic Apple II game and sparked numerous clones. One such clone, Parachute, was preloaded software on early iPods that had displays.
- The UCSD P-System Museum History of the UCSD P-System
- The Pascal Programming Language The origins of Pascal
- Kernelthread.com First Bytes Into An Apple
- Giant List of Classic Game Programmers See Mark Allen's entry
- Video play-through of Sabotage on an Apple II
- Linzmayer, Owen (Fall 1983). "Pest Patrol".